Chapter 16: Fighting The Unkown

The sounds of many fans roared -

The sounds from the stadium echoed throughout the long sand covered corridor. The blade on my hip and the armor on my back grew ever so lethal.

I studied and and watched the crowd.
As I arose on a rope and wire activated elevator.
On to the flawless dust crusted terrain.
Their choice of weapon laid in my right hand.

As The Platform That laid smoothly underfoot solidified, a loud trumpet rang.
The combination of escaping and surviving drove me to staying alive.
The ear gaping salute of a trumpet along with the booming voice of the miniature woman blared throughout the arena.

"The challenger accepts the duel" the women sounded.
The stadium rumbled with a aura of mystique as my opposition stumbled in front of me.
I froze in place. It was her...my love...my passionate..fearless bodyguard has returned to me.

Immediately I rushed over to here. Hugging her closely.
A sharp pain in my right side of my hip hit me like a horses kick.
I fell back.

Gasping for air. The crown blaring cheers of admiration.
The small singular blade in my hand now.
I fumbled to my Sandle and dust covered feet.

"Why...?!" I whimpered. The pain ever so sharp.

She didn't answer. She rushed forward towards me. I closed my eyes and held out my blade in fear.

Opening them slowly to sounds of gargling..
Tears flooded my eyes as I opened to her ...my dagger through her heart.
Her eyes shadowed as her stunning green eyes fell still once more and the crowd fell silent...their mouths gaping in measure to the amazement.

I slid my curved knife out of her. Tears still trickling down my pale dirt cover cheeks...

I awoke...my body fully drenched in sweat. Still locked in my personal mocking cell. No deafening sounds...only sounds of me...

Sobbing.