Chapter 13: The Glimpse

THERE I STOOD..Noose around my neck.

I was ready. Ready to give up. Ready to give in.
My heart pounding, wept for the silence that was soon to come.

The grimaces on the town people. Their faces pictured amongst those of stellar paintings hung on the emperors walls.

Some frowned others smiled and cheered.

The emperor stood walked over to me. Smirked as the rope strengthened its vice around my fragile neck. It's force ever-looming with brisk burns and tight bruises.

I smiled as he spoke. Knowing what came next.
I watched as the once kings royal guard shadowed him. Masking each side. Their eyes fixated on me and my soon to be lifeless mortal coil.

Once his speech weighed on the watchers. He walked up to me, before letting down small wooden stool from under my foothold.

He whispered to me.  "Any last words?" His long white hair looming over his piercing grey eyes, his royal garments of dark blue and a tint of furious white pardoned his malice and despair as a blade pierce through him.

His stale white eyes widening as he collapsed upon his small wooden podium.

My eye sight blurring as the air left my lungs.

I closed my eyes.. as I was cut down and unshackled briskly..

Weakly I pictured her once more...as I was carried, a light shadow in a Hint of trouble. The watchers matching the fate of their future and their fears.

The shadow held me tight, horse back to where ever.

I smiled one last time...then passed out.