Rise of the Great Devourer

Re-edited

(Y/n)'s POV

I lay in my bed as the Bounty flies to torchfire mountain. We need to destroy the Fang Blades, which can only be achieved at the hottest place in all of Ninjago.

Technically, I was supposed to be training Lloyd, and I was, but he's been stuck trying to figure out his fighting style despite my suggestions, so now I'm just waiting for him to ask for help.

"Hey (Y/n)."

'Yeah'

"Remember that little girl from Emerald Hills?"

'Yeah, Harumi,why?'

"How do you think she's doing?"

'I don't know. Why? What's on your mind, or...my...mind?'

"She has been sending you all thank you letters ever since you've saved their village. But the letters have mysteriously stopped."

'Her and her family have moved to Ninjago City recently, remember? She's probably still getting settled.

There's suddenly a creaking noise that puts me on alert. It was quiet, which means someone is sneaking around when they shouldn't be.

"What was that?"

'I don't know, I don't see a shadow.'

"Go check."

'Oh hell no, this is horror movie stuff!'

"We're in a flying ship! Go check!"

I groan and get out of my bed before walking out into the hallway.

I don't see anything, but the shadows look off. It looks like a trail, and it's leading into the engine room.

"Stop. And. Look. Up."

I look up and a see a shadow that has a wonky, long neck.

'What kind of shadow has a long ne--Pythor....is on the ship.'

What is he doing with that hammer?"

I gasp as I see him about to destroy the ships power system, "Oh, no you don't!" I exclaim before kicking the hammer out of his hand, "Pythor! How did you get on the ship!?"

"Oh, it was quite easy, out of sight, out of mind and all that jazz." He says before swinging his tail at me.

"Duck!"

I duck, and was about to stand back up again until my body stopped on its own. I suddenly realize that Pythor tried to swing at me twice.

'Oh crap that was close, but wait. What just happened?'

"Fight now, talk later!"

'Right.'

Once I get back up, I start throwing punches at Pythor, but he keeps dodging until my fist hits the wall behind him.

"That's not a wall..."

My eyes widen as I see the power system short circuit from my punch.