Darkness shall Rise

Re-edited

(Y/n)'s POV

Since dad destroyed the Devourer, ninjago has been at peace. There have been no Serpentine sightings and Pythor was eaten by the Great Devourer.

Harumi stayed with me for a day before she was put into the system. I put in a good word for her and a lot of people went to adopt her but...

She denied all of them. I don't know why, but I still visit her every week in order to see how she's doing.

Unfortunately, after destroying the Devourer, dad left with our golden weapons, and now our powers habe stopped working.

"Not ours, our element is better than ever."

'Not completely.'

For some reason, I could still use shadow form. I know I mastered it, but it seems weird that it didn't disappear like the rest of my powers.

"At least you can still use it."

'True.'

There was a lot of damage after the Devourer was defeated. So the others and I have been helping clean up Ninjago City.

"No one ever said being a hero is easy." I hear Zane say as I walk over to the others, "Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways."

"Rich in experience." I say, causing Zane to nod.

"Yeah, well, I don't feel rich." Kai complains.

"I for one enjoy pitching in." Jay states as he picks up and broken TV and places it in the trash, "I've always wanted to feel part of a community. Uh, speaking of which, has anyone seen Nya? She said she was going to help."

"And I have." Nya announces as her and Uncle Wu appear on a motorbike, "I may have found us a place to live."

"Really?" I ask hopefully.

"But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City. How did you do that?" Jay questions.

"I know a guy, who knows a girl, and she knows this girl who knows a guy. Well, this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent," Nya explains,"And she can help you find a place, if you catch my drift."

"Aren't we, you know...rich?"

'Not really, but we do have a lot of money.'

"Wow, the benefits of being a dark lord, am I right?"

'....yeah no'

"Aww."

"And where are you off to?" Jay asks.

"We have to find a couple of components to fix the ninja tank. And my dragon ointment has finally arrived." Uncle Wu explains, "It's a day's trip, but once we get back, he'll be flying again. Also, I love scenic drives. Haha, punch it, Nya!"

"Aye, aye, Sensei!" Nya responds.

Nya and Sensei drive, so Jay turns his attention to the card Nya gave him.

"Patty Keys, Real Estate Queen. Ha, this is exactly what we need. Once we get a roof over our head, We can start properly training Lloyd." He reads

"Good, 'cause if we know Lord Garmadon, he's not going to be taking any breaks" Cole says. "And let's not forget, the Serpentine are still at large."