Peek-A-Boo

(Y/n)'s  POV

Okay, one more time....

I jump and start to use Airjitzu in order to grab the flag, but then I start to fall as soon I reach it.

"Epic Fail!!!"

'Shut up.'

I land on the deck and sigh, "This is harder that I thought."

Kai goes after me and tries to get the flag himself...but he fails and Ronan teases him for it.

"This is pointless."

'We still need to learn it.'

"Can we at least take a break?"

'Sure, I was thinking of checking on Cole anyway.'

"Good idea."

I walk off the deck and made my way to Cole, I bump into Nya and we both nod at each other before heading in.

"Don't feel like training?" Nya asks.

"In case you haven't heard, I'm a ghost." Cole grumbles, "And don't tell me we can fix this, 'Cause we can't. This is just...who I am now. I don't feel anything anymore."

"You're right. You're a ghost, and you just might be one for the rest of your life, but..." I look at Nya.

"Sensei told us our paths in life are never a straight line." She finishes. "Take us for instance, I thought I was always destined to be Samurai X, but now I'm training to become the Water Ninja, no matter how horribly awful I am at that."

"I've spent my entire life being told I had to be a hero or else I would become a super villain, but here I am as the purple ninja while being in charge of a group called the Reforms who used to be villains." I smile.

"All we know is that, Ninja never quit!" We exclaim.

"But I'm not a Ninja anymore. I'm a ghost." Cole states.

"And Zane's a Nindroid, why should  stuff like that stop you from being a Ninja?" I ask.

"What do you do, Cole?" Nya questions. "That's something you have to answer on your own."

Kai came and stood in the doorway, "Misako's about to debrief us about the next clue."

"We'll be there in a minute." Nya says.

"And sis, that color suits you well."

"Thanks. It's my favorite color." Nya replies before Kai walks away.

"No, girls, thank you."Says Cole. We go in for a group hug and I use Shadow Form so I could actually hug Cole.

"Yay, we made him feel better."

After the hug, Cole rushes out the room to meet up with the others for the debriefing.

Nya and I look at each other and laugh before walking after him.

"Y'know, even if you didn't expect it, I'm glad you're a ninja, Nya." I tell her with a grin, "I mean, it's about time another girl gets added to the Ninja team."

She laughs, "Yeah, well we need to start to even out the boy girl ratio, but I'm glad I'm on the team too. I'm getting more involved in these things and hopefully strengthening relationships too?"

I smile wider and nod, "Let's find out what the future holds."

We soon reach the others who are sitting in a theater like room. The two of us sit down and wait for the debrief to happen.