Mask of Deception

(Y/n)'s POV

It was night and down below in the streets, the people of Ninjago were celebrating the new year with a parade and Dragon dance. And while they laugh and have fun, Lloyd and I jump across buildings as a group of people were robbing the Borg Tech Building.

An alarm goes off, signaling that something had just been stolen.

The group of people exit the window they cut open to get inside. But Lloyd and I were already one step ahead as we did Spinjitzu past them, confusing them while they look around for where we are.

"Nice mask." Lloyd chuckles, revealing our presence. He blasts one of the thieves with his power, knocking him to the floor.

"You could almost pass as a ninja." I add as I also blast one of the thieves with my power before doing a 'come at us' motion with my hand. “Key word ‘almost’.”

The thieves look at each other before one runs for a grapple gun and the others charge at me and Lloyd.

We knock them down, even as they continue to get up. So Lloyd uses Spinjitzu to completely leave them on the floor.

Unfortunately, they were more stubborn than we gave them credit for and escaped on a zip line.

Lloyd and I quickly follow after them, but after one of them reaches the end they cut the zip line, causing one of his own to start falling to their death.

Lloyd and I use the cut zip line as a rope and swing towards the falling thief. Lloyd catches him and drops him next to a couple police officers before we go to follow the rest of the thiefs.

But then, the thief gets possession of a motorcycle and drives away.

"Pixal, we need our rides." Lloyd speaks into his communicator.

"Your coordinates, Master Lloyd?" Pixal asks.

"Somewhere over…" Lloyd looks around the area with no clue on how to explain or location, "You know how to find us."

We let go of the zip line and start falling towards the streets of Ninjago, but then our vehicles appear right in front of us and we climb in before we could hit the ground.

Lloyd laughs, "I could kiss you, Pix."

"I don't think Zane would approve." She replies.

I smirk, "Neither would I."

We then drive after the thief with the stolen mask and I bring up my scanners in order to find out who they are, "Who are we chasing?"

"He or she is not in our database." Pixal tells me.

"Whoever they are, they're good." I respond, "We need backup. Where are Nya and the boys?"

"All of the others are on active missions. You two are on your own." She states.

I nod before we both speed up to catch the thief. We pass cars and trucks before jumping over an unfinished road.

Soon enough, we finally catch up to the thief before passing him and cutting off his path.

Lloyd revs his engine as we face-off, daring the thief to try and get past us.

The thief takes the challenge as he revs his engine before charging at us. Me and Lloyd charge right back at him.

The thief's motorcycle activate some spikes and I narrow my eyes before gasping in surprise as he uses them to jump over us.

He abandons the motorcycle and me and Lloyd watch as he starts falling towards the ground. But then, he opens his parachute, revealing a symbol of our father on it leaving Lloyd and I in shock.