Game of Masks

(Y/n)’s POV

We approach the Oni head, knowing that somewhere inside is the third mask.

“Oni Temple.” Lloyd says as he turns to me.

“Let’s get that Mask, and stop Harumi and the S.O.G once and for all.” I tell him.

Lloyd nods and squeezes through the teeth. I follow him as the voice in my head returns.

“In order to claim our mask. You must pass our tests.”

‘Tests?’

Once I squeeze through the teeth, Lloyd and I see a bunch of stone pillar-like steps across a deep, black pit. “Really? Small stepping stones over a deep, dark abyss?” I ask.

“Only an Oni shows no fear of the Darkness.”

‘Who said I was afraid?’

Lloyd jumps onto one of the pillars and I jump onto the one next to him. I look around and see that some of the pillars had symbols on them.

"Lloyd, keep away from those." I tell him, pointing at the symbol,"Since the ones we're standing on are safe, I'm assuming the ones with the symbols are not."

"Good eye." Lloyd states before jumping across three more pillars, "If the last mask is here, it won't come easily."

"Yeah, we've all had our fair share of deadly tombs." I state, remembering how Grandpa’s tomb was chalk full of death traps.

I jump onto another pillar, but then the temple shakes as one of the pillars crumbles and falls.

"What just happened?" Lloyd questions.

“I don't know." I respond before checking to see if the pillar I'm standing on didn't have a symbol on it, "Just tread lightly."

Lloyd and I jump across a few more pillars until we hear the sound of another pillar crumble in on itself.

"Okay, that was definitely not us!" Lloyd exclaims as we keep on jumping.

I already knew who it was, “Harumi.” I growl.

"She's in here with us." Lloyd realizes, "But where?"

"I don't know, but we have to keep moving in order to get the mask first." I tell him.

'Actually, why is she here with us? She arrived before us, which means she could've gotten the mask already…why is she stalling?'

Suddenly, the entrance to the temple starts to close, trapping us inside, probably because of the fallen pillars. “Oh, of course!” I yell as the entrance is completely sealed shut.

Lloyd sighs, "Guess there's no turning back now."

"Well, good thing we're not trying to turn back." I say as I jump onto another pillar, "Let's go."
_________________________________

Jay's POV

As if losing Lloyd and (Y/n), crashing in Primevil’s Eye, finding out Harumi’s the Quiet One and learning Master Wu is a baby now, wasn’t bad enough, now we’re captured on our own Bounty.

What was worse was that the Sons of Garmadon were laughing and marching all over our ship, acting like they own the place. Ultra Violet was even holding Baby Wu and we could do nothing but watch as we were tied up.

“If you harm one hair on his head!” Morro warns Ultra Violet, though honestly any of us would’ve done the same.

“You’ll what?!” Killow asks, jumping down from the helm and glaring down at us, “Where are they?! Where are the Golden and Purple Ninja!?”