The Way Back

(Y/n)'s POV

Once everyone gets their hugs out, I notice Jay looking off in the distance, “Jay? Jay!” I say as he turns to me, “Concentrate, we gotta save Nya, remember?”

Jay then nods to me.

“Thank you,” Kai says to Skylor and the others, “I don’t know how we’ll ever be able to repay you but-”

“Let’s just say you owe me one,” Skylor tell him.

“Basically, you owe her a dinner and nice movie. Gag!”

“Or a few thousand, if we’re talking denomination of currency.” Ronan spoke up as Kai glares at him and me and Lloyd shake our heads, “What, no reward?”

“Hey, you and I get pardons.” Chamille tells him, “That reward enough?”

Ronan thinks and shrugs, “Eh, I’ll take what I can get.”

“Still, we are all deeply grateful to you for rescuing us.” Zane says he and Echo Zane shake hands.

‘Never thought I’d see them together like this.’

“Hey, you’d do the same for us, only with a little less pizazz.” Dareth comments.

“Chamille and the others, maybe. You, no way.”

"I hate to break up the reunion, but may I remind you we have a wedding to stop?" Jay exclaims.

"Dude, you were zoning off into space just a few minutes ago." B.J reminds him.

"But he's right." mom says, "Jay has his last wish to take the Djinn down."

"But since we don't have the poison, it'll be up to us to slow him down." Kai states, "Come on, there's no time to waste."

We all rush towards the temple, "Wait." Lloyd says, stopping us from running any further, "If you defeat Nadakhan, his power will diminish."

"Uh, yeah, that's kind of the point." Morro tells him.

"Of course. Lloyd is all too right." Sensei says, "If his power diminishes, Djinjago will fall…"

"...And Ninjago will be crushed!" Morro finishes in realization.

"Cool. Let's do it."

'Is destruction all you ever think about?'

"Pretty much."

"Even if we win, we lose?" Kai questions.

Zane turns to B.J, "Maybe the Reforms can help?"

B.J scoffs, "Help? Most of us are up here!"

"Well, whatever you decide, I sure don't want an all-powerful Djinn calling the shots." Soto states, "You have to take him out if you have the chance."

"Ninja, you go stop Nadakhan." Wu orders, "The rest of us will return back to Ninjago to prepare for the worst."

I place a hand on B.J's shoulder, "Take the Reforms with you. If this place ends up falling to pieces, I don't want them in that castle."

He shakes his head, "Like I wasn't going to do that anyway…but okay."

I smile and turn to Jay as he raises Nadakhan's sword, "Ninja, go!"

We all start running towards the temple as wedding bells start to ring. We run into a group of sky pirates on our way and we get into fighting stances as they charge at us.

"Get ready!" Jay starts.

"Ice 'em Zane!" I say as Zane freezes the ground beneath the pirates feet, causing them to slip.