Chapter 7 - Hair

"Y/N, we've missed you so much." The guard smiles. I look around to see I'm back in the lab, I start to panic and run towards the door. His hand tangles into my long hair and yanks me back. I slide across the ground and crawl back as he walks over to me with a needle.

I scream out as it sticks in my neck.

I open my eyes to see I'm back in my room in Malibu, I touch my neck as I try to catch my breath. "Miss Stark, is everything alright. Would you like me to alert your father?"

"No...no don't get him. I'm...I'm fine."

No I'm not.

I look over to see it's four in the morning, I then walk into my bathroom and turn on the shower. After stripping out of my sweat soaked clothes, walk into the shower and sit down on the ground and hug my knees against my chest.

I start to shake as I lay my head on my knees. I will never be free.
I was foolish to think it would all go away, that I would be completely fine once I'm home.

"Miss Stark, you should probably get out. I'm afraid you've been in there for two hours." Jarvis suddenly says.

I finish cleaning off and step out, I look at myself in the mirror...at my hair, I reach up and tangle my hand in it. I then grab my scissors and start chopping off my hair. Crying as I cut it just above my shoulders. I start to laugh as I finish, I take the scissors and make a few more trims to make it even and then I run my hands through it.

"Better."

I change into a sweater and sweatpants, smiling as I pass my mirror and walk downstairs.

I stop in my tracks as I see a familiar man in a suit, "Happy?"

"Hey sweet pea." He smiles and opens his arms.

I giggle and leap into his arms, "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed my little munchkin." He smiles and sets me down. I softly smile up at him as he holds the sides of my face. "God...what are you now? Twenty-three?"

"Twenty-one. I uh was put in this cryo tank for three years. Kept me preserved or whatever." I shrug. "But yes, technically twenty-three."

"What did you do with your hair?" Dad asks from behind me.

I turn back, "It was a bad reminder...wanted it short." I shrug, "Happy are you busy? Can you take me to the store?"

"Of course."

"Are you sure your up to that right now? You just got home." Dad steps over.

"I'm fine."

"Well...I got you these." He pulls a phone out of his pocket and hands it to me. Then he hands me a card.

"This is a fancy phone." I look it over.

"It's brand new and all for you."

"Thanks dad." I smile.

"Please be careful. Be back soon."

"Yes father." I roll my eyes.

Happy drives me to the nearest store, I didn't want to teleport and wanted to have his company. He stays with me as I walk to the hair product isle. "Gonna dye your hair?"

"Yup. I want to change. Can we go get a burger?" I smile.

"You bet."

I pay for my hair dye and then get a burger and fries, I eat it as I lightly nod my head to the music. "Was dad actually upset that I was gone. Don't lie to me."

"Munchkin....your dad was a mess. He feels very guilty that he didn't treat you better." Happy pulls up to the house.

"Hmm." I look at the house.

"I have to go, but if you need anything at all, call me." He smiles.

"Thank you Happy." I lean up and hug him.

I run right back up to my room and start unboxing both boxes of hair dye. I smile at myself as I start putting it on my hair, I wanted to be different. I didn't want to be reminded of the last six years.

After two hours of coloring my hair and styling it

After two hours of coloring my hair and styling it....I was finally done. Wanted something simple yet different.

I go back downstairs, seeing no one was in the living room. "Jarvis? Where is dad?"

"Mr. Stark stepped out for a moment. Would you like me to call him?"

"No. Thank you Jarvis." I look around the house, not sure on what to do.

I decide the go mess around in dad's workshop....because why not.

I spin around in his chair, leaning forward and grabbing an arm to one of his suits. It wasn't fully completed, I hold it up and pretend to blast people.

"Jarvis....play some music please."

"Mr. Starks playlist or your song?" He asks.

"My song?" I sit up as the music plays, I look over as the video plays of me when I was sixteen. My last day here. "How much does dad listen to this?"

"Everyday, ma'am." I put my head in my hands as I start to cry.

He really did care.