Chapter 20 - Party

Right before the party, Nat came up to my room and brought me many dresses to try on. She also wanted to help me do my hair and makeup.

"Thanks Nat...this means a lot to me." I smile as she starts working on my eyeshadow.

"It's no problem. I've been dying to have another girl on the team." She frowns for a moment. "I did want to tell you something....Um I heard you and Tony fight. I just wanted to say I'm so sorry....I had no idea."

"It's okay, I feel better after I snapped."

"Tonight you don't worry about him, you drink and have fun." She smiles.

"Oh I'm definitely drinking." I smirk as she finishes my makeup. Next she puts light waves in my hair since I still have it short.

"Now to pick out a dress!" She points at my bed. I get up and walk over to see a bunch of really....really short dresses.

"Nat...these are pretty revealing." I slightly chuckle.

"You got the bod, so show it off." She smirks, turning and starting to put her own dress on.

After looking through them all, I finally settle on one:

I actually felt beautiful.

"Everyone's gonna go crazy over you." Nat smiles.

"I'm a Stark....I guess I should dress the part." I shrug as I put on my heels. I spin around and gasp when I see her. "Nat you look so beautiful."

"Thank you honey." She reaches over and squeezes my hand.

"Let's get drunk." I smile and grab my phone and put it in my small silver clutch purse.

I dig my nails into my palms as the elevator opens to the party. "Don't slouch, chin up." Nat points. She gives me a thumbs up as I walk, she then makes her way to the bar. There were so many people that I didn't know...too many people.

I stop as I see Thor, Tony, and Rhodey. Thor instantly waves me over. "This is my favorite tiny human. Did you know she bought me six boxes of pop tarts? I think she loves me the most!" Thor laughs and picks me up.

"Thor, the dress." I giggle. "You want everyone seeing my ass?"

"Right, sorry we don't want that. You do look very lovely." He smiles

"You forget I've known her since she was a baby." Rhodey rolls his eyes at Thor and pulls me in for a hug. "You look beautiful."

"You do look beautiful." Tony nods.

"You guys look nice too." I nod awkwardly. Rhodey looks between Tony and I, noticing something was weird. "I'm gonna get a drink." I nod.

"Have fun." Rhodey smiles.