Chapter 42 - 2012 New York

We all walk up to the platform in our Quantum suits, I was pretty nervous for this. "Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win." Dad gives Steve a look as he speaks. "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

I walk over to Nat and pull her in, resting my head on her shoulder. "You be careful alright?"

"You too." She kisses my cheek.

"I expect to continue our conversation from earlier....in great detail." I smile.

"Oh we will." She laughs as I kiss her cheek.

I turn and hug Clint and Rhodey, standing back in my spot. "All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green." Dad yells.

"Tractors engaged." Bruce joins us.

"You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?" Rocket asks Clint, referring to his shrunken ship.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay. I'll do my best."

"As promises go, that was pretty lame." Rocket mutters.

Nat smiles, "See you in a minute."

We all shrink and split up into different times, I open my eyes as we land in 2012 New York. From the files I read this is the battle where a guy named Loki who is Thor's brother sent Chitauri aliens from a portal in the sky. The Avengers had to stop him.

"All right, we all have our assignments. Two Stones uptown, one Stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." Steve says.

2012 Hulk passes by us, smashing everything in his way. Bruce puts his hand on his face, embarrassed. "Feel free to smash a few things along the way." I smile.

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Bruce rips off his tank top and pretends to smash things in a sarcastic way. He lightly punches a car, making a small dent, all the while making growling noises. He picks up a motorbike and throws it at a wall, wincing as it hits the wall.

I turn around and run down the street with Steve. "It's a good thing I'm here...no one knows me." I smile as we approach Stark Tower.

"Well...let's hope they don't recognize you as Tony's daughter."

"Got to hustle, Cap. Things look like they're just about wrapped up here." Dad suddenly says as we walk inside.

"Got it. We're approaching the elevator now." Steve says.

"Uh, Mr. Rogers. I almost forgot that that suit did nothing for your ass." Dad says.

"No one asked you to look, Tony."

"It's ridiculous." Dad whispers.

"I think you look great, Cap. As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass." Scott says.

I lean back and look down at Steve's ass. "Definitely looks better with clothes off." I whisper, causing Steve to glare at me.

"What?" Dad asks.

"I said that's gross dad!" I sigh as we walk into a stairwell.

"All right, Cap. I got our scepter in the elevator just passing the 80th floor."

"On it. Head to the lobby."

"Alright. I'll see you there." Dad says.

We wait outside the elevator and push the button, it opens to reveal a guy named Jasper Sitwell and Brock Rumlow.