Chapter 16 - Suits

"If he's right about the location, we're 20 minutes from where Pepper is." Dad nods, calling someone.

"But we also have to figure out this vice president thing, right?" Rhodey asks.

"Right. I wonder who I'm calling right now. Oh! That's the vice president."

"Hello?"

"Sir, this is Tony Stark."

"Welcome back to the land of the living." He says.

"We believe you're about to be drawn into the Mandarin campaign. We gotta get you somewhere safe as soon as possible." Dad says.

"Mr Stark, I'm about to eat honey-roast ham, surrounded by the Agency's finest. The president's safe on Air Force One with Colonel Rhodes. I think we're good, here."

"Sir, this is Colonel Rhodes. They're using the Iron Patriot as a Trojan horse. They're gonna take out the president somehow. We have to immediately alert that plane."

"Okay, I'm on it. I'll have security lock it down. If need be, they can have F-22s in the air in 30 seconds. Thank you, Colonel."

"Rhodes and Stark out." Rhodey looks up. "We gotta make a decision. We can either save the president, or Pepper. We can't do both."

"Sir, I have an update from Malibu. The cranes have finally arrived, and the cellar doors are being cleared as we speak." Jarvis says.

"And what about the suit I'm wearing?" Dad asks.

"The armour is now at 92%."

"That's going to have to do." He unplugs it and steps out.

We watch as dad goes below and the suit flies off. Rhodey takes this time to step over and hug me. "I'm so happy your safe."

"Well not for long." I smile.

"Alright, I'm gonna drop you off over there. I need you to get somewhere safe."

"That's not happening. I'm fighting." I shake my head.

"What are you talking about?"

"The people who took me...they experimented on me. I'm a super soldier...and I can teleport." I nod.

Rhodey stares at me with wide eyes, "Now that explains why you have muscles." He points. "God I can't believe your an adult now...I remember when you were just a little toddler." He sighs.

"You haven't changed." I smile. "Come on...let's check on him." I hop down and open the door, both of us kneeling down to look at him.

"Give me some good news, man."

"I think they all made it." Dad turns

"Oh, thank God."

"Yeah, but I missed the president." He sighs.

"You couldn't save the president with the suit, how are we gonna save Pepper with nothing?" Rhodey asks.

"Can I just teleport there?" I ask.

"No. Your not going alone." Dad turns. "Uh... Say, Jarvis, is it that time?"

"The House Party Protocol, sir?"

"Correct." Dad nods.

It was dark now when we arrived, we all hop out of the boat and start to run. "Come on. You're not gonna freak out on me, right?" Rhodey asks.

"I hope not."

We kneel down, Rhodey peaks out, "Oh, my God." He sighs and sits back. "He's strung up over the oil tanker. They're gonna light him up, man."