Chapter 36 - New Friends

For the next couple of hours I get to know Peter, he was actually a really cool kid. We spent our time talking about old moves and playing thumb wars.

I then step over to Dad and smile at him. "I've been meaning to ask...can I see your weapon." He points to my back. I pull out my sword and show him, "That's really cool...it's really sharp it's gre-" He gasps as I push a button and make the other sword pop out. "Oooo." I step back and spin it.

"Hey, what's going on?" Peter walks up to the front of the ship.

"I think we're here."

"I don't think this rig has a self-park function. Get your hand into this steering gimbal. Close those around it. You understand?" Dad urgently points to Peter.

"Yep, got it."

"This was meant for one big guy, so we gotta to move at the same time." Dad nods.

"Okay. Okay. Ready." The ringship is heading straight for the center of what looks like one of a colossal game of jacks. "We might wanna turn. Turn! Turn! Turn!!" Strange steps between them and creates some sort of shield around us as we hit the structure.

Strange turns and grabs my hip as we land hard, he holds me close against him. "You alright?" He asks.

"I'm fine...thank you," I nod, stepping back.

"That was close. I owe you one." Dad says to Strange.

Peter descends down upside down next to us, "Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something, and I eat one of you, I'm sorry."

"I don't wanna hear another single pop culture out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?" Dad points.

"I'm trying to say that...something is coming."

Suddenly a grenade rolls in and throws us all back.

"THANOS!!!" A large man throws a blade at Strange, I leap over and block it with my sword, pushing a button and making the other blade pop out as the cloak wraps around the large man's face.

The man falls to the ground and I kick his stomach, teleporting behind a woman with antennas as she goes for Peter. I grab her and hold my sword up to her neck as another man grabs Peter, dad stands above the large man.

"Everybody, stay where you are, chill the F out!" The dude holding Peter yells.

"If you hurt the kid, I will slice off this woman's antennas and feed it to you!" I yell.

"I'm gonna ask you this one time. Where's Gamora?"

Dad helmet goes off. "Yeah, I'll do you one better. Who's Gamora?"

"I'll do you one better. Why is Gamora?" The large man under dads feet yells.

"Tell me where the girl is, or I swear to you, I'm gonna French-fry this little freak."

"Let's do it! You shoot my guy, I blast him. Let's go!" Dad extends his nano-tech cannon.

"Do it, Quill! I can take it."

"No, he can't take it!" The woman in my arms yells.

"She's right. You can't." Strange nods.

"Oh yeah? You don't wanna tell me where she is? That's fine, I'll kill all three of you and beat it out of Thanos myself! Starting with you!"

"Wait, what. Thanos? Alright, let me ask you this one time: What master do you serve?" Strange asks.

"What master do I serve? What am I supposed to say? Jesus?"