Chapter 11 - Bar

As we walk across the street, dad bumps into a lady, "Sorry." The woman drops something. "Lady, this uh..." He picks up the item and hands it back to the woman.

"Thank you."

Dad stares at her face, "Nice haircut, suits you."

"Nice watch."

"Yeah, limited edition." He holds it up.

"Oh, I don't doubt it....Well, have a good evening." The woman turns and walks off.

We walk into the bar and scan the crowd, Tony nods his head over at a woman sitting alone. I nod and walk with him, "Mrs. Davis, mind if we join you?"

"Free country."

"It sure is." Tony nods as we sit.

"Didn't know there would be two of you....Where'd you like to start?"

"I just want to say We are very sorry about your loss. We want to know what you think happened." Dad nods.

"Look, I brought your damn file. You take it and go." She drops the file in front of us. "Whatever was in here, he wanted no part of it."

"Clearly, you're waiting for someone else. Yeah? Supposed to meet somebody here?" Dad asks as he opens the file,

"Yeah."

I look at the photo of a man with Chad, "Mrs. Davis, your son didn't kill himself, I guarantee you. He didn't kill anyone. Someone used him." Dad whispers.

"What?"

"As a weapon." I nod.

"You're not the person who called me after all, are you?" She whispers.

Suddenly a hand slams onto our table, I look up to see the woman from outside. "Actually, I am." Suddenly the woman grabs hold of Dad's arm and twists it, slamming his head onto the table and cuffing him. I quickly grab hold of Chad's dog tags that were on the table.

"Dad..." I clench my fists.

"It's okay." He nods.

"Hey, hey, hey! What's all this about? What the hell's going on here?" A man rushes over.

"It's called an arrest." She pushes Dad to the ground and steps towards the man. "Sheriff, is it?" I step over to dad and put the dog tags in his pocket.

"Yes ma'am, it is. And you are?"

"Homeland Security." She holds up her badge. "We good here?"

"No, we're not good. I need a little more information than that."

"Well, I think it's a little above your pay grade, Sheriff." She smiles.

"Yeah, well, why don't you get on the horn to Nashville and uh...upgrade me?" Dad gestures to Mrs. Davis to hide the file, she pushes it under the bar.

"Alright, you know what? I was hoping to do this the smart way, but uh...the fun way's always good." I look down and notice her hand turning red, burning the badge in her hand.

"Deputy, get this woman and..." Suddenly She shoves the hot badge into the Sheriff's face, she takes his gun and shoots him.

I pull dad up and teleport to Harley's house, I look down to see I was alone. "Shit!" I teleport outside the bar to see the woman going into another shop. I run across the street and I rush inside. I tangle my hand in her hair as she attacks dad and slam her head into the counter.

I duck her strikes and kick her away from us, dragging dad into the kitchen. He kicks come oil out and puts the dog tags into the microwave as I pull out the gas line.

We set the oil in the ground in fire, "You walked right into this one, I've dated hotter chicks than you."

She walks right through the fire. "That's all you got? Cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner?"

"Sweetheart, that could be the name of my autobiography." Dad grabs me and pulls me behind a small icebox as the place explodes. He looks over at me and then up to the power lines to see the woman tangled in them, "What the hell was that? You just teleport away?"

"I thought I could take you with! I had no idea it wouldn't work!" I yell.

I stop and look up as the water tower starts to fall, below was the man in the picture. Dad and I run, quickly diving down and holding onto a fence as the water rushes to us.

I yell out as large metal pieces fall on top of me. "Let me go!" Harley yells.

"Help me! Help me!" The man mocks him, he sits in front of us with Harley in his lap. "Hey kid, what would you like for Christmas?"

"Mr. Stark, I am so sorry!"

"Oh. No, no. I think he was trying to say, I want my god damn file." The man nods.

"It's not your fault, kid. Remember what I told you about bullies." Harley uses the gadget Dad gave him earlier and runs away. "Do you like that, Westworld? That's the thing about smart guys, we always cover our ass." Dad brings up his hand and reveals part of his Iron Man suit hand. He fires at the man and sends him flying backwards.

I grind my teeth as I throw off the metal pieces from us. "I'm sorry. I could of teleported but I was scared he was gonna hurt Harley." I pull him up.

"It's okay." Dad nods, walking with me to the street.

"You're welcome" Harley suddenly says.

"For what? Did we miss something?" I ask.

"Me saving your lives."

"Yeah. A, saved you first. B, thanks, sort of. And C, if you do someone a solid, don't be a yutz, alright? Just play it cool otherwise you come off grandiose." Dad points.

"Unlike you? Admit it, you need me. We're connected."

Dad and I both get into the mans car. "What I need is for you to go home, be with your mom, keep your trap shut, guard the suit and stay connected to the telephone because if I call, you better pick up. Okay, can you feel that? We're done here. Move it out the way or I'm going to run you over. Bye kid."

"Dad! Apologize to him right now!"

He rolls down the window, "I'm sorry, kid, you did good."

"So now you're just going to leave me here, like my dad?"

"Yep...Wait, you're guilt tripping me, aren't you?" Dad asks.

"I'm cold."

"I can tell. You know how I can tell? Cus we're connected." Dad drives off.

"That was mean."