Chapter 38 - Sick

One Week In Space -

We've been stuck in space for one week now, We were too far from earth...we would never make it.

Dad pulls me aside before we eat and holds onto my hands. "I want you to go home...see who's left. Save yourself. I'm not gonna make it."

"No....I'm not leaving you."

"Y/N that's ridiculous. Go home please....I will not watch you die." He sighs.

"Dad...I'm not leaving you again. If we're gonna die...we die together. I can't live without you again. That's final." I pull him in and hug him.

For the next few weeks we tried to entertain ourselves, dad and I were really weak. Food was running out, we both didn't look good. I wanted dad to eat as much as possible, so I often gave him my food without him knowing.

I had laid down, thinking that I want gonna wake up the next morning...but I was wrong.

Nebula had woken me up, she lifts me up and nods at the back of the ship. "I'm alive?" I ask, looking down at myself.

"You are." She helps me walk out of the ship.

I take a deep breath, smelling fresh air. Steve rushes over to me and pulls me in his arms as I start to cry. "God I was so worried about you!" He kisses my cheek. "We need to get you inside."

"Where's my dad?"

"They took him inside already." Steve picks me up and cradles me in his arms.

I look up weakly to see Bruce as we walk inside, "Take her in this room."

"No! I want my dad." I use all my strength to yell.

They put a bed beside Dad's, Bruce hooked me up to an IV and gave me a couple shots. Pepper rushes over to me once he was done and kisses my head and cheek multiple times. "Thank god." She cries.

Dad look over at me and reaches his hand to me, I grab onto it and smile through my tears.

We were home.

The next morning dad and I were wheeled downstairs as everyone gathers around. I stare at the pictures of people who disappeared, trying not to cry as I see Sam, Bucky, and Wanda.

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth.

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census. And it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out fifty percent, of all living creatures." Nat nods.

"Where is he now? Where?" I ask.

"We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through."

Dad looks over to see Thor sitting alone. "What's wrong with him?"

"Oh, he's pissed. He thinks he failed. Which of course he did, but you know there's a lot of that's going around, ain't there."

"Honestly, until this exact second, I literaly thought you were a Build-A-Bear." Dad points.

"Maybe I am."

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. Deep Space scans, and satellites, and we got nothing. Tony...Y/N, you both fought him." Steve says.

"Who told you that? We didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker Street Magician gave away the store. That's what happened. There was no fight." Dad says angrily.

"Okay."

"He's unbeatable." I whisper.

"Did he give you any clues, any coordinates, anything?"

"Pfft! I saw this coming a few years back. I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. Thought I was dreaming." Dad sighs.

"Tony, I'm gonna need you to focus."

"And I needed you. As in past tense. That trumps what you need. It's too late buddy. Sorry. You know what I need?" Da stands, pushing things off the table with a clatter. "I need to shave. And I believe I remember telling all youse -"

Dad goes for Steve. Rhodey quickly comes in front of him, trying to stop him. "Tony, Tony, Tony!"

"Alive and otherwise what we needed was a suit of armor around the world! Remember that? Whether it impacted our precious freedoms or not- that's what we needed!" Dad yells.

"Well, that didn't work out, did it?"

"I said, we'd lose. You said, We'll do that together too. And guess what, Cap? We lost. And you weren't there. But that's what we do, right? Our best work after the fact? We're the Avengers, we're the Avengers. Not the Prevengers." Dad looks around, I felt too weak to stand.

"Okay."

"Right?" Dad looks at me.

"You made your point. Just sit down."

"Nah, nah. Here's my point. You know what?" Dad pushes to walk forward.

"Tony, you're sick."

Dad looks at Carol, "She's great, by the way."

"Sit down. Sit."

"We need you. You're new blood. Bunch of tired old mules!" Dad walks right up to Steve's face, his voice hushing down to a venomous whisper. "I got nothing for you, Cap! I got no coordinates, no clues, no strategies, no options. Zero. Zip. Nada. No trust. Liar." Steve looks affected by dad's words. The old friends just gaze at each other. After a moment, dad rips his Arc Reactor from his chest and shoves it into Steve's hand. "Here, take this. You find him, and you put that on. You hide."

Dad suddenly falls to the ground, "Dad!"

"Tony!"

"I'm fine. I..." He suddenly passes out.

The others had gone off, I lay in my bed beside dad and stare at him. I never was gonna leave him again.