Chapter 17 - New Family

2015 -

Dad had gotten the Arc Reactor out of his chest and fixed Pepper....but he started building suits again.

But that was a good idea because the Avengers had to get back together to find some sort of scepter from l Hydra. Dad is recruiting me, he's moving me into the new Avengers tower today in New York. I was pretty nervous because I've read a lot about the Avengers.

I grip onto my backpack as I wait in the elevator with Dad, he looks over at me and smiles. "Stop worrying."

"What if they don't like me?" I gulp nervously.

"It's impossible not to like you."

"Really?" I roll my eyes at him. "You didn't."

"I thought we were past that." He sighs.

"Yeah...." I look up as the doors open.

Dad leads me into a huge living room to see all the avengers sitting down on the couches and eating food. "Stark!"

"Guys, this is my daughter Y/N. She's the new recruit I was telling you about." He lightly shoves me forward as they all stand.

"Hi...I know all your names." I chuckle. "I think you guys are all awesome." I nod.

The first person to greet me was Natasha Romanoff, "Nice to meet you! I have a feeling we're gonna get along very well." She smiles and steps aside.

"Welcome." Bruce Banner shakes my hand.

I smile as Clint Barton then shakes my hand, then Thor picks me up in a huge hug. "Nice to meet you, little Stark." He laughs and sets me down.

Then Steve Rogers shakes my hand. "Very nice to meet you." He flashes me a million dollar smile.

"Thank you guys, it's an honor to meet you." I smile nervously as they sit down.

"So what can you do?" Clint asks.

"Clint." Natasha lightly smacks him.

"What?"

"Well..." I teleport behind Clint and take his slice of pizza out of his hand, making him jump. "And I'm a super soldier like you Steve." I smile. I walk over to the couch where Clint, Natasha, and Bruce were sitting and pick it up.

They start to laugh as I set them down and walk around the couches to sit next to Natasha. "Do you mind me asking how you got the serum?" Steve asks.

"I uh...was kidnapped for six years. Hydra experimented on me....sent me to another facility and did the same thing." I nod.

"I'm very sorry to hear that." Steve nods.

"It's whatever." I shrug and stand up. "I'm uh...gonna go set my bag down in my new room."

"We'll be here." Dad smiles. "Your on floor twenty."

"Thanks." I walk out of the living room and to the elevator, out of sight.

"You have a very sweet daughter, Tony." Natasha says.

"I think she'll fit right in." Steve agree's. I smile and get into the elevator.

I had a whole floor as my room, a living room, huge bedroom, walk-in closet, and a huge bathroom. I smile as I walk into the closet to see I already had a bunch of clothes.

I look down as I get a call from an unknown phone number. I hesitantly answer it as I walk back out to my room. "Hello?"

"Is this Y/N?"

"Yes...who is this?" I frown as I stand by the window and stare out at the city.

"Um....Bucky."

"Bucky? Is this some sick joke? Who the hell is this?" I ask angrily.

"It's me, I swear. The Winter Soldier...well I used to be. I watched over you in Siberia....where we were kept. I protected you."

I shake my head, "It's really you...god I've missed you." I start to cry. "How did you get my number?"

"I've missed you terribly. I found you on the internet."

"Bucky where are you? I can come to you." I immediately ask.

"I can't tell you....I'm on the run. Trying to figure out who I am...who I was." He sighs.

"Let me come with you."

"That's not the life you want...your free. I just wanted to hear your voice again. Please take care."

"No, wait!" I yell out in frustration as he hangs up. "Jarvis can you trace the call I just received.

"Yes, ma'am."

"And can you please tell Steve Rogers to come to my room?" I walk out to the living room and collapse on the couch.

"Right away."

I bite my nails nervously as I wait, I needed to tell Steve about his friend...I needed to be honest. I look up as Steve walks in with his hands in his pockets. "Y/N? Is everything alright?"

"Can you sit down for a moment." I look straight ahead.

"Of course."

"I need to be honest with you, your friend Bucky Barnes is alive," I nod.

"I know."

"I met- wait you know?" My head snaps up.

"A year ago...I saw him in D.C. still with Hydra. After Shield and Hydra fell...he pulled me out of the river and ran off. How do you know him?"

"Where I was taken...he was there. He protected me. I uh...eventually developed feelings for him." I say awkwardly, making him smile. "Bucky just called me, Jarvis is tracing the call."

"That is Great Y/N, I've been searching for him all this time."

"Jarvis? Found a location?" I ask.

"Unfortunately the call could not be traced, I tried several times. I'm sorry Miss Stark."

"Crap...I'm sorry Steve."

"Don't be sorry Y/N." He smiles.

"I actually...offered to run away with him, he didn't want me to." I frown. "He said he needed to find out who he was."

"I am glad he had someone like you to help him." Steve nods.

"I didn't help much....he really helped me. He went through hell just to protect me."

"That's Bucky." Steve laughs and stands.

"Steve? Would you mind telling me stories about a Bucky sometime?"

"Of course. I have plenty." Steve smiles and walks to the elevator.

I really wished Bucky was here.