Chapter 19 - Movies

After getting back to the tower, I took a long hot shower. Mostly sitting on the ground and thinking about Hydra. After, I changed into my pajamas which was dad's AC/DC shirt that he gave me and shorts.

I walk out as I was tying my hair up to see Steve sitting in my living room. "Steve?"

"Hey..." He looks up.

"I could of just walked out naked." I chuckle.

"Sorry....I just wanted to see if you were okay." He nods as I sit beside him.

"I'm fine." I nod.

"Y/N....I know that look. Your not okay."

"I'm not....Just seeing Strucker again...it messed me up." I sigh. "Reminded me if everything I went through. I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"I don't know....being like this." I shrug. "I grew up being told to act tough...to not be a baby."

Steve reaches forward and grabs my hand. "What you went through was horrible. It's okay to be upset over this. It's okay to be upset in general. Your not being a baby...it's okay to break down. I've done it plenty of times."

"Out of everyone....you are the one that really listens to me and pays attention. My dad doesn't even do that." I smile. "Thank you Steve."

"I should thank you also....you've listened to me talk about Peggy." He nods. "I've felt like I've changed after coming out of the ice....like no one understood me. Now I feel like you are the only one who understands me."

"I'm always here if you need to talk." I smile.

"And I'm always here for you." He squeezes my hand. "When I was sad, Bucky would get us some snacks and he would build us a fort in the living room and we would lay and listen to the radio together. Why don't I make a fort, you get some snacks and we put on a movie?"

I instantly jumped up, "I'd love that! I'll be back!" I quickly run into the elevator. I then stop and turn. "Sorry-"

"Don't be sorry." He points. "You've never done something like this before, have you?"

"No...I haven't." I smile.

I make my way straight into the kitchen, grabbing drinks, putting popcorn in the microwave and grabbing many bags of chips. "What are you doing?" I turn to see Dad.

"Having a movie night with, Steve." I turn and roll my eyes.

"Oh...mind if I join you? I have a break from the lab."

"Sorry. Just Steve and I tonight." I pile all the snacks in my arms.

"Why don't you want to spend time with me anymore? I thought we were okay."

I spin on my heels to face him, "We will never be okay. You put on this act like you care for me. You give me money and lots of gifts just to win my love. But dad...it doesn't work like that. The one thing I've ever wanted....was you, a real dad who wasn't blaming me for ruining his life."

"Why can't you just get over it? I never asked-"

"Yeah yeah I know. We've been through this a hundred times!" I yell. "There's no chance I can just....get over it!"

"My life ended when you arrived. I'm trying to start over! I'm sorry that I'm trying to be better!" He yells.

"Your life didn't end....you just always had something pulling you back. You left me in multiple clubs....you left me with nanny's while you went on vacations. Do you know that I can make an excellent martini? That's because I learned how when I was nine. Because you made me get you drinks while you were surrounded by women. How about from now on...we treat each other as teammates and that's it. Because this father daughter thing isn't working anymore. I'm tired of pretending I'm okay....I'm tired of pretending that your a great father to me. And no matter what you say...you don't love me. You never have. So now your getting your wish, I'll stay out of your way and you stay out of mine."

"Fine by me." He narrows his eyes.

"Good. See you at the party, Tony." His face softens as I say his first name....he knew he messed up again. And he knew nothing would change how I feel.

Stave looks up as I walk back into my room. "Hey...what took you so long?"

"Sorry....I kind of snapped on Tony. Said a lot of things that I kept inside."

"Your calling him Tony now?" Steve tilts his head.

"I told him the father daughter thing wasn't working anymore."

"Y/N I'm so sorry." He frowns.

"Don't be....it's okay." I nod.

"But it's not."

I smile, he knows I was lying again. "It's not. But I truly feel better now that I have years of frustration out of me." I shake my head. "Let's watch a movie." I point to the fort.

For the rest of the night Steve cheered me up...I was very thankful to have a friend like him.