Chapter 56 - The End

One.....Year....Later.....

Life with Bucky only got better. We both retired, unless Sam needed us. And we got married! Sam was of course with us. We then had an unexpected surprise.....we were Pregnant!

We had a beautiful baby boy, his name is Steven Anthony Barnes.
He is now two months old and is absolutely perfect.

Bucky and I just bought a house right around the corner from Sam and Sarah, although Sam is often busy being the new Cap...we love being around Sarah and her boys. It was peaceful here...it felt like home.

Sam and Sarah were hosting a family cookout today, Bucky was a bit nervous because pretty much everyone would be there.

I had made a cake, it turned out perfect....until Bucky dropped it. Then we got a store bought one....then he dropped it. Then we got another one...he dropped it yet again. So I said screw it and took the third one with us.

I hold Steven in my arms with his diaper bag at my hip as we approach the party. Aj and Cass run up and start play fighting with Bucky as I embrace Sarah. "There he is...little Steven." She smiles and holds his little hand, making him smile. "Sam is just over here." She turns.

"Hey!" He runs up to us and embraces Bucky. He then turns to me and kisses my cheek. "How's momma doing?"

"Tired." I smile. "Very tired."

Sam leans down and holds Stevens hand, he starts baby talking to him. "I missed my little godson." He smiles. "Hand him over." He says with a serious face. I chuckle and carefully hand him over, Sam cradles him in his arms and walks away.

"He's obsessed with our son." Bucky wraps his arm around me.

"I bet he's waiting for the moment we die so he can have him." I laugh. "I told him he should just have kids of his own but he says not now. He hasn't found the right lady or whatever." I roll my eyes.

"He was asking me when we're gonna have a little girl."

"Oh god." I chuckle, holding onto him as we walk into the party.

"Y/N over here!" Sarah waves. I stand still for a moment and smile, just watching everyone. I was so thankful for this life I'm living.

Later on as the sun sets, I cradle Steven in my arms and stand on the dock. "Your grandpa would of loved you...he's up there." I smile and point to the sky. "Watching over you." Steven wraps his hand around my finger and smiles. "There's so many stories I can't wait to tell you...your Aunt Morgan can't wait either. Just be careful...she may force you to let her do your makeup. It's not fun...she's rough." I chuckle.

"You stole my son from me." Bucky chuckles and wraps his arms around us. "What are you doing?"

"Just enjoying the view...talking to Steven." I look back and kiss him.

My life has been a rollercoaster from hell...but I'm thankful. I'm thankful to be alive...to be a wife....to be a mother. I knew my father and Nat were watching over us...I knew they'd always be there. And I knew Bucky would love me and our son unconditionally. He is just as thankful as I am.

Finally, I got what I always wanted....I was loved.