Chapter 18 - First Mission

For the next few months I had grown very close with the team, they were my new family.

This was gonna be my first mission with the team, I was nervous because Strucker could be there. We were told to go suit up....but I had nothing. Dad called me into his lab...said he had a surprise for me.

"What's up, old man." I hop onto his desk.

"Ouch." He rolls his eyes and turns. "Made you this."

I gasp as I look at my new suit

I gasp as I look at my new suit....it was perfect. "Dad this is beautiful. Thank you so much!" I hug him.

He keeps me in his arms, putting his hand behind my head to keep me there. We don't hug that often anymore, mostly because we've also been fighting. Butting heads a lot. "Go put it on...then get to the Quinjet." He pulls away and smiles.

"Thanks, dad." I smile and run out of the lab.

I wave at Nat and Clint as I run into the locker room, I quickly strip out of my clothes and pull on my suit. Zipping it up and placing a pistol in my thigh holster.

"That's hot." Nat points.

"Thanks." I smile.

Time Skip

I was pretty thankful that I was a super soldier at the moment because I was running beside Steve on a motorcycle and Nat and Clint on a vehicle.

We were going through the snowy forest and firing at the incoming soldier's. This place felt familiar...but I didn't know why. I teleport ahead and grab onto a tank, yelling out as I lift it above my head and smash it behind me. I laugh to myself and teleport behind a soldier, grabbing his arm and swinging him around me and throwing him into a tree.

"Shit!" Dad yells.

"Languag! Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?" Steve asks.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken."

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last." Thor says.

"At long last is lasting a little long, boys."

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise." Clint says.

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said language?"

"Steve that's gonna be a problem.....I swear a lot." I chuckle, knocking out a soldier.

Steve sighs, "I know. It just slipped out." I teleport behind a group of soldiers and kick ones back, I flip forward and slam another soldier into the one next to him. "We have an enhanced in the field." Steve suddenly says.

"Clint's hit!"

I stop and kneel down in the forest, closing my eyes and feeling the ground. I feel fast vibrations of running. "Dad, we really need to get inside." I stand back up.

"I'm closing in." I hear an explosion in the distance. "Drawbridge is down, people."

"Steve, I'll race ya inside." I smirk to myself and teleport into the building. I lean against the wall and pretend to look at my nails as I wait.

"That's not fair. I can't teleport." He smiles. Steve pulls up his shield as a soldier enters the hallway, he runs and pushes the soldier through a door while I walk behind him, freezing in my place as I see Strucker. "Baron Strucker. Hydra's number one thug."

"Technically, I'm a thug for Shield." He smiles.

"Well then technically you're unemployed. Where's Loki's scepter?"

Strucker looks over at me for the first time and smiles. "My creation. Come here, let me see you." I don't move. "We missed you. You know...you have more powers...you just weren't here long enough to test it out.."

I grab onto him and push him to the wall. "Where is the scepter!" I yell in his face.

"Don't worry, I know when I'm beat. You'll mention how I cooperated, I hope."

"I'll put it right under illegal human experimentation. How many more are there?" I ask.

Suddenly Steve and I are knocked down, I look aside to see a familiar woman leaving. "We have a second enhanced. Female. Do not engage." Steve stands.

"You'll have to be faster than-" I spin and kick his face, knocking him out.

"Guys, we got Strucker."

"I'll be back." I say to Steve as I look aside.

"Y/N-"

I teleport down a level and walk through a dark corridor. I stop as I see a door open...seeing a familiar room. I see flashbacks of me in this room. I frown and push open a large metal door. Stopping as I see cells...this is where I was kept.

I teleport into the cell I was kept in, kneeling down and rubbing my hand across the ground. My lip quivers as I think of every single thing that I went through in Siberia and here. didn't even know this is where I was kept...I didn't even know there were even more enhanced people.

Suddenly I feel a massive amount of pain...not my pain but many others pain. Once I remove my hand from the ground, it stops.

It was strange.

Once everything was handled, I was sitting down in the Jet and staring off....thinking of my past as the others spoke. Dad walks up to me. "Hey so I was thinking we-"

"Not now, dad." I don't look away from the spot I was staring at.

He flicks my face, "Sourpuss. Why are you in a mood all of a sudden? Don't be a baby."

As he goes to flick my face again, I grab his hand and twist it. I stand up and back him away, "I said....not now."

I sit back, not caring that the others were staring at me.