Chapter 24 - Cradle

Steve and I both get out of the Jet and to a rooftop. "Two minutes. Stay close." He says to Clint.

I teleport inside the lab, seeing bodies everywhere. "Dr. Cho!" I yell as I see her sitting up.

Steve runs in and goes to grab something for her wound, she grabs his arm. "He's uploading himself into the body."

"Where?" Steve asks.

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark."

"First I have to find it." Steve nods.

"Go." She yells.

Steve and I run outside, "Did you guys copy that?"

"We did." Clint says.

"I got a private jet taking off, across town, no manifest. That could be him." Nat says.

"There. It's a truck from the lab. Right above you, Cap. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver." 

I instantly teleport on top of the truck as I see it.

"Negative! If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron." Steve jumps onto the truck and we both slide down the back and hold onto the door.

"No, no, no, no, no. Leave me alone!" Ultron blasts the door as we try to get in, Steve grabs my arm and holds me up.

"Well, he's definitely unhappy! We're gonna try and keep him that way." I yell.

"You're not a match for him, guys."

Steve and I both roll our eyes, "Thanks, Barton."

Suddenly Steve is blasted into the car behind us, I teleport to the top of the truck as I fall. Steve gets back onto the truck and stands beside me as Ultron joins us. "You know what's in that Cradle? The power to make real change, and that terrifies you."

"I wouldn't call it a comfort." Steve says as he hurls his shield at Ultron. I teleport behind him and punch his back hard, falling back into the truck.

Steve throws his shield again and it gets caught in Ultron's chest. "Stop it!" He smacks the shield down, it goes flying off into the street.

He blasts Steve back, then he blasts at me. I run across the truck and punch his face, ducking down as he tries to hit me. Steve gets back up and tries to choke him, Ultron grabs him and holds onto his neck. Nat rides up and tosses Steve his shield, hitting Ultron and kicking him away.

He blasts Steve off, turning to me and trying to blast me. I kick his face, looking up as Clint shoots at him from above. Bots follow the Jet, I flip around and Punch Ultron off the truck and into a cement pillar. He flies back and grabs Steve and I, tackling us into the train.

Steve stands and hurls his shield at Ultron, flipping over him as
He flies past. "I'm going in. Can you guys keep him occupied?" Nat asks.

Ultron grabs me and Salem's me into the wall, "What do you think We've been doing?" I ask angrily, Ultron throws me aside.

As Steve gets punched in the side, Pietro runs in and knocks Ultron down. Wanda uses her power to stop him. "Please. Don't do this."

"What choice do we have?" She asks.

Ultron turns and blasts the front of the train, kicking the door out and flying off.

"We lost him! He's headed your way!" Steve yells. We both run to the front to see we weren't going to stop. I hold onto the train as we ride off the rails.

"Cap, you see Nat? Y/N!" Clint yells.

"If you have the package, get it to Stark! Go!" Steve yells.

"Do you have eyes on Nat?"

"Go!" Steve yells.

"Steve we can leave her!" I yell.

Steve turns, "Civilians in our path." Pietro runs off. "Can you stop this thing?"

Steve pushes me down and out of the way as Wanda uses her powers to stop the train. I slowly stand and walk off with Steve, walking over to the twins.

"I'm fine. I just need to take a minute." Pietro says.

"I'm very tempted not to give you one." Steve says.

"The Cradle, did you get it?"

"Stark will take care of it." Steve nods.

"No, he won't."

"You don't know what you're talking about, Stark's not crazy." Steve sighs. I lightly chuckle, knowing he's wrong.

"He will do anything to make things right."

"Steve...she's right. I know my father more than anyone." I nod.

Steve turns. "Stark, come in. Stark. Anyone on comms?"

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?"