Chapter 28 - Accident

2016 -

For the next year I worked hard with the others, building my strength and becoming very close with the team.

Steve, Sam, Wanda, and Nat were in Lagos on a mission while I stayed back with Vision and Rhodey.

I stayed in my room and stare down at a picture of my mom and dad. Judy had found the only photo my mom had from right before she was pregnant with me. They both were at a party, my mom was wearing a beautiful red dress while my dad had on dress pants and clearly an expensive sweater.

I wished I could of grown up with both of them as my parents.

"Miss Stark?"

"Holy fucking Christ!" I scream, looking up to see Vision. "Vis! You can't keep walking through walls. What have Wanda and I told you?"

"I'm sorry...the door was open." He points.

"You can't just assume that it's okay to come in. I could of thought that you guys left and decided to walk around in my room naked." I tilt my head.

"Right..."

"I'm joking.....Sorry for my language....you just scared me." I sigh.

"I came to check in on you...you didn't come out when Rhodes made lunch for you."

"Sorry...was just spacing out." I nod.

"May I?" I points this my bed. I nod and look over at him as he stares at my hands. I hand him over the photo and sigh. "This is Mr Stark...who is the woman? I do not recognize her."

"My mother...she died....I never got to meet her because my father kept her a secret." I nod.

"You still have not spoken to Mr Stark?"

"Tony." I tilt my head.

"Tony....my apologies Miss- I mean Y/N."

We were teaching him to be less....formal.

"No....I haven't. I think I've forgiven him but I'm still hurting...In pain because of him." I nod.

"I'm not sure if I could give you the best advice...usually Captain Roger's helps you with this." He frowns.

"It's okay, Vis." I smile. "What's for lunch today?"

"Mac and cheese was prepared for you." He stands with me.

"Great..." I sigh, I missed Pepper's cooking. "Do you ever wish you can eat food?"

"Hmm....sometimes. Just to see why everyone likes it so much." He smiles. "But I don't mind."

"I only ask because you often watch Wanda and I eat."

"Do I? I apologize...I guess I never noticed." He chuckles.

"Ah...I like the chuckle." I point. "Your changing."

Vision looks down at himself and frowns as we go into the kitchen. "Kid, there's Mac and cheese." Rhodey points.

"Yum." I raise my eyebrows and grab the bowl. I fall down onto the couch and start to eat, "Friday? Play some music please, full volume."

"Right away."

I close my eyes and nod my head along to the music, "Jesus Christ, Y/N! Friday turn off the music!" Rhdoey yells.

"Hey! I was listening to that!"

"I don't care, it was too loud." He puts his hands on his hips, glaring at me. 

"You look stupid right now." I point.

"I look stupid? Your the one who's like twenty-four eating Mac and cheese on the couch while listening to one of the Twilight soundtracks."

"And who made me the Mac and cheese? You did idiot. At least I don't listen to Celine Dion." I point.

"I don't listen to that." He shakes his head, offended. 

"Friday, play the security footage from last Thursday in the training room."

"Right away."

A video pops up of Rhodey singing. "Near....Far...Where ever-"

"Friday turn that off!" Rhodey yells as I start laughing. "God your just like you-"

"Don't you dare say it you son of a bitch!" I yell. "Don't compare me to him!"

"Sorry." He sighs.

"I love these little fights of ours...Your so funny when your mad." I put my bowl in the sink and take out my phone as I get a notification. 

"Yeah...so funny." Rhodey chuckles.

My smile fades as I see that the Avengers are top news....there was an Explosion in Lagos. They were blaming Wanda.

After scrolling through the article, I look up to see the team walking in. Wanda quickly walks down the hall and into her room. "I just read what happened..." I say as Steve stands beside me.

"It's a mess, Y/N."

"I should check on Wanda." Vision nods.

"No don't....let me." I nod, patting Steve's shoulder as I hurry down the hall. I softly knock and walk in to see she was changed and laying in her bed. "Wanda?"

"Hi..." She whispers, not looking at me.  I shut her door and climb into her bed, laying behind her and wrapping my arms around her. "What are you doing?"

"Cuddling you.' I rest my head against her back.

"You heard didn't you."

"I did...and I want you to know that it's not your fault." I say.

"You should hear what everyone else is saying."

"I'm telling you it's not. The others will say the same thing. Having powers isn't easy...mistakes will always be made. And that's okay." I sigh.

"I'm a monster." She whispers.

"Wanda....don't you dare say that. You are far from it. You are the sweetest and most caring woman I know. You are truly amazing and wonderful, I honestly wish I was more like you." I chuckle.

Wanda turns and smiles through her tears. "Thank you Y/N."

"I'm always honest.....well at least not to my father. But I've always been honest with you because I love you. And I promise you that you are not a monster. It was an accident and that all."

Wanda scoots closer to me and lays her head on my chest and rests in my arms. "Can you take a nap with me?"

"Of course." I smile and rub her back.

I softly hum to get her to sleep, I only wished I could take all her pain away.