Chapter 25

"I saw your ship! What are you doing out here?"

"I was so worried about you! Obi-Wan... told me terrible things."

"What things?"

"He said... you turned to the Dark Side, and that you... killed Younglings!

Obi-Wan is trying to turn you against me."

"He cares about us."

"Us?"

"He knows. He wants to help you. Anakin, all I want is your love."

"Love won't save you. Only my new powers can do that."

"But at what cost? You're a good person. Don't do this!"

"I won't lose you the way I lost my mother. I am becoming more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of, and I'm doing it for you... to protect you."

"Come away with me. Help me raise our child. Leave everything else behind while we still can!"

"Don't you see? We don't have to run away anymore. I have brought peace to the Republic. I am more powerful than the Chancellor; I... I can overthrow him. And together, you and I can rule the galaxy... make things the way we want them to be!"

"You don't believe me, do you?"

"I don't believe what I'm hearing! Obi-Wan was right... you've changed!"

"I don't want to hear anymore about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me. The Republic turned against me. Don't you turn against me!"

"I don't know you anymore! Anakin... you're breaking my heart! You're going down a path I can't follow!"

"Because of Obi-Wan?"

"Because of what you've done... what you plan to do! Stop! Stop now... come back!" I love you!"

"Liar!"

"No!"

"You're with him! You've brought him here to kill me!"

Vader looked out the window, taking a deep breath. Maybe he was too blinded in his anger...maybe this was all his fault. There was a chance that this was all because of his master's manipulation- and he needed answers. As he walked down to his master's chambers, he didn't hesitate to not bow upon being in his presence.

"I sense confusion- loss- our newest prisoner is causing you to falter." Palpatine looked at him.

"Master...you told me she died because of me- but here she is- sitting in a prison cell. How the hell can I believe your word now? And my children are alive. I don't want to be a part of this anymore."

"Part of the life I gave you? I saved you on Mustafar, when Obi-Wan left you hanging on that cliff- you could've fallen in the lava had I not saved you. I gave you a home- an army. Everything the Jedi Council denied you of-"

"-but you gave me heartache. Pain. You knew how much I loved her, yet you- like the council- won't let me hold her in my arms. Hell! You won't even let me hold my children!" Anakin roared.

"I expect this behavior to end. You're acting like a young child again." He motioned for Anakin to leave. Once his apprentice was gone, he turned to one of his personal guards. "Bring the woman to me before he gets to her."

"Yes m'lord."

---

The blows hit hard. Padmé winced when the rod they used blew to her shoulder. "What are you gonna do? Beat me to death?" She spat blood onto the floor, glaring hard.

"No. Maybe. You are causing my greatest achievement to falter and not be loyal. I'm here to teach you a lesson." Palpatine walked over, igniting his lightsaber. "Perhaps I could sell you to Jabba the Hutt. You've got the body-"

"-you pervert." 

"I'm a pervert?" He snickered, "Queen Amidala. You were such an icon, standing out with the oriental crap that ate people up." With a swift movement, he grabbed her hair and swung his blade through it. The chocolate locks fell to her shoulders instead of the waist, and the woman let out a soft gasp.

"You think I wanted the unwanted attention I got?" She stood up, only for the boot of a guard to slam into her back. "This won't end here. You're the reason why my husband is dead. You drove him to his insanity."

"Heh. I think not." the last thing she saw was him turning around, and the rod hitting the side of her head.

When she woke, she was bound to a chair, with none other than Darth Vader in a chair across from her- but he was bound too?

"...the hell...?" she tried slipping her hands out, but wasted energy she didn't have. 

"I ruined your lives, no?" Palpatine emerged from the shadows, his lightsaber igniting. "This is why you shouldn't cross me." With one swift movement, he held the blade up to her neck. 

"No!" Vader yelled, unable to throw his helmet off.

"Don't try saving my life. Your men tried killing me." Padmé spat. "I demand to be released, and to be brought to the senate."

"You don't get to make the shots around here. Either of you." He drove the crimson blade through her torso, just below the breast. Shouting was heard from someone, but everything she heard was blurred and distorted as she slowly lost consciousness.