Chapter 6

Vader paced his palace on Mustafar. He saw Padmé. Spoke to her. She defended his nephew, and he was still in shock. But she was a rebel now?

That was new.

But maybe...maybe it wasn't her.

It could've been a hand maiden. Sabé, Roteé, or some other. He couldn't remember all their names. 

As much as it hurt him to think of her dead, there was a low possibility of her being alive. Seriously low. She was on Naboo, peaceful with her unborn child.

And if she was alive, his master would've had records of his child's birth. And hospital records of Padmé being entered and released. There was only records of her death.

So, he walked down to the file room. Once inside, he opened up the files and searched.

Padmé Naberrie Amidala.

Her wide smile made his heart skip. He looked through it.

Name: Padmé Naberrie Amidala

Age: 24

Status: Deceased

He felt tears threatening his eyes.

The words killed him. And he's died a thousand deaths.

For his wife. And his child.

He found his way to his quarters, falling asleep, and lost in a dream.

The Galactic War has been going on for a while. his Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, has joined the opposing side. Ever since the Jedi proved themselves to be traitors, he's felt myself becoming more distant from him. He was sent by his new Master, Palpatine, to the lava planet of Mustafar.

After doing his work, and talking to his wife, Padme, he saw Obi-Wan. He knew, he knew he turned her against him, and that he too, was a traitor.

Anakin roars, "You turned her against me!"

His voice was too calm, "You have done that yourself."

After pacing the platform for a moment, hefinds himself yelling, "You will not take her from me!"

"Your anger, and your lust for power have already done that," he takes his overlayer of the Jedi robes off, his lightsaber out. "You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until you've become, you've become the very thing you swore to destroy."

He lowers voice, saying, "Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan. I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the Dark Side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!"

"Your new Empire? Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic, to Democracy," he exclaims.

"If you are not with me, then you're my enemy."

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do as I must," he says ever so calmly, before the duel starts.

He woke up, cold with sweat. That was the night she died. The night he hurt her.

The night she said her last words to him.

"I love you!" He recalled her cry, and he called her a liar.

The last words from the three people he loved, Shmi , Padmé and Obi-Wan. 

"I love you."

Padmé was trying to fall back asleep.

She encountered a Sith Lord today. That was probably going to kill her son. 

Thankfully, Luke was unfazed, and told her that the man was after her. When she asked what his name was, he said he had forgotten.

"Karabast..." She whispers into the night. A Star Destroyer was above her, just in orbit. But why were they after her? Had she provoked the Empire?

She just wanted answers.

And her life back.