Chapter 14

A month later, Padmé left the Naberrie homestead, in search for Darth Vader. Or any hints of him.

What was even worse, is that apparently, they never found Anakin's body. That struck her in the heart. His killer destroyed him, hid him, or worse. 

She found herself on the planet of Mustafar. This had to carry clues. Besides, it's the last place she saw Anakin.

 "I don't believe what I'm hearing. Obi-Wan was right. You've changed." Padmé teared up. She was pregnant, begging for him to come back.

 "I don't want to hear anymore about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me, don't you turn against me." Anakin was losing his control, angered at the Jedi.

 "I don't know you anymore. Anakin...you're breaking my heart! You're going down a path I can't follow." 

 " Because of Obi-Wan? "

 "Because of what you've done. What you plan to do. Stop! Stop now, come back! I love you!"

 " Liar! " 

 "No!"

 " You brought him here to kill me! "

There was a moment where she couldn't breathe, and then the ground met her body, and she wrapped in unconsciousness.

Padmé looked around, remembering the landing pad she was on. But there was something different. A palace, that reeked a dark aura.

Vader seemed like the type to own that.

Carefully, she snuck in, which was hard. Stormtroopers were everywhere. But that wasn't a major problem. The one was the footsteps she heard, and a black cape sneaking into her sight.

Trying to back away, she fell backwards, hitting the ground with a smack. That caught the attention of the troopers, and Vader himself.

 "Kriff..." She mutters, raising her hands in surrender.

 "Yeah yeah, who are you?" A trooper jabbed his blaster to her head.

Vader would've killed him, if his Master hadn't been there behind him.

"Leeah Olin." She recalled a librarian from the Jedi Library.

"Bah, I killed her. Who are you, girl?" Palpatine hissed.

"Why should I tell you?" Vader loved hearing her fiery spite, and he felt his heart pound for his wife.

The trooper hit her again, "Answer him."

" I won't tell you anything. " she hissed, glaring.

"Mmm, yes you will, Senator Amidala." Palpatine chuckles. He recognized her, as the woman from Naboo. Except she looked more fierce with the make up she had on.

"Who's that?" Padmé glares.

He grabbed her chin, lifting it up so she looked at him. "Don't play stupid. Padmé Naberrie Amidala Skywalker."

She flinched, smacking his hand away. "My husband is dead. It's just Padmé now."

" Hmm...Lord Vader. I'll be staying longer. I wish to interrogate her. "