Chapter 16

Padmé was moved to a Star Destroyer. Technically, it was Vader's personal one. The Devastator brought fear everywhere it went. She felt that fear.

And she also felt a plan. She couldn't stay on here forever, and be killed. Already, Palpatine hated her. Vader seemed to have an attraction to her, and the troopers stayed away. She broke one's arm after they pushed her to hard.

She had enough.

 "I'm not answering any questions today." She says bluntly when Vader and Palpatine came in. "I'm not in the mood."

 " That's too bad. Today, you will fight Vader. Win, and I can guarantee you anything. " Palpatine looked between us.

 "What? Not fair. He's six foot two. I'm five foot and half an inch. And he's a man." She objects.

 "Kiss your kids goodbye then..."

 "No! I'll fight him." She stood, ready.

That was stupid. At the end, Vader had her arm pulled back, until she had to tap out.

 "You are becoming stronger." Vader compliments.

 "I don't need your compliments." Padmé winced, before kicking his side, catching him off guard.

The two fought,until both were out of breath and tired. "I can't...continue..." Padmé breathes heavily, her forehead sweating.

 "Do I know you?" Vader whispers.

 "Only from your worst nightmare." She glares,walking back to her cell, angry.

Palpatine could've gotten her killed. Vader could've killed her.

But he didn't...

Why?

She sat in her new cell, tapping her foot furiously. This cell was dark, like a pit. There were a few steps from the door to the floor, and the ceiling was very high up.

Padmé sat in there for minutes, maybe hours, maybe days, till she fell asleep. The Senator hadn't been able to sleep for very long time, regretting her search to find clues about Vader.

"I love you." Padmé whispers, hearing the roars of the Geonosians.

 "What? You love me? I thought we decided not to fall in love. That it'd destroy our lives." Anakin looked at her.

"I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyways. I truly...deeply...love you."

Together, they shared a kiss, and what they thought was the ride to death, seeing Obi-Wan chained to large pillar.

"Oh Ani...I love you..." Padmé cries, after she woke up, hiding her face in her knees, lost in her sorrow and grief.