Chapter 3

Anakin wasn't ready to see this. The loving Jedi ruled his conscious while he stood at the Temple on Naboo.

But it wasn't just any Temple.

It was Padmé's resting place.

His heart shattered behind his dark suit of Vader. The casket was in front of him. The body of his wife, and his child, lie not even ten feet from him.

This is Anakin. A broken man, who loved his wife more than anything. Losing eyes fed the anger to Vader, the brokenness and hatred. Finally, he took off the helmet and knelt next to the casket.

 "Padmé...my Angel, my queen. I couldn't save you. I'm sorry." His words came out into sobs, "I love you, and I want you back into my arms. I want our baby to be inbetween us. I want you! But I lost you!"

The man was broken, crying harder than he has in a long while. Half tempted to see her, and lowered his head, tears cascading down his cheeks. His long hair covered the eyes of a broken man. A broken widow. 

When he left, he left worse than he arrived. The thought of his wife not being with him hurt him deeply. Worse than a blaster shot or lightsaber injury. 

 "I've been dying each day since you left my life, my love." He whispers into the sky, before boarding his TIE. 

This was Vader. Vader is a man of a mask, covering the soul of him. Anakin Skywalker. Vader is the darkness whereas Anakin was the light. Without his heart, Padmé, he was empty. Without the love of his life, he was broken.

But why did it hurt so bad?

Especially since it's been years?

Because some wounds never close. Some do, but leave scars. Scars that haunt him daily. The touch of her lips on his. His hands on her waist. The kick of their baby. Her soft angelic voice.

 "Ani." He could hear it. Her smiling as she said his name.

And oh how he missed her love. The undying comfort and devotion to him. She was a goddess to him. Not only was she beautiful, but she was intelligent. He dreaded her death like there was no tomorrow. 

Like the stars would never shine.

Or that he'll never find her again.