Chapter 12

Anakin Skywalker. That was the name of the man that suddenly felt reborn. Seeing his wife...who was in arms reach...that made him alive again.

He thought about the research needed to be done, so he got to work, the first article on Padmé's death.

Tonight, we mourn the loss of someone special. Our previous Queen, and current Senator of Naboo, Padmé Naberrie Amidala passed away this evening during childbirth.

Sadly, our beloved Queen passed on before her child was born. Her family, was there at the funeral, along with many friends within the Senate, including her representative, Jar Jar Binks.

Naboo and the galaxy will miss and mourn the loss of Senator Amidala.

He had to stop there, because the rest was on all her greatest achievements, and he knew them.

As he kept searching for articles, he found a photograph of him and...Obi-Wan.

He stared at the picture for a long time. But there were more pictures.

One when Naboo was safe from the Separatists, and Qui-Gon was dead. Padmé had looked so beautiful in the white dress she wore. And he saw himself, with the haircut and innocent face..

And then one he's never seen before...

It was of Padmé. 

And he was in it too. But he wasn't. Threepio must've taken this picture.

It was when he was gone for five months on a siege out in the Outer Rim. When they had to secretly communicate with the help of Captain Rex. 

Hot tears came to his eyes. "What have I done?"

The man put his head in his hands, sobs wracking his body. He lost his wife, and he knows he can't make a connection with his son. Anakin felt ruined.

Padmé was getting the TIE ready. She had already tried to get Ahsoka to come with her, but Ahsoka refused. 

"Goodbye, 'Soka. I'm gonna miss you." Padmé hugs her tightly.

"Bye Senator Amidala. Please, contact me if you're in trouble with the Empire." Ahsoka hugs her back.

"I will." She pulls away, and hops into the TIE.

She nods and walks away, putting her hood on, glancing at Padmé leave.

Padmé was gone, leaving to Naboo finally. If the Empire knew she was alive, then it was time to go to her family, and to her people. She was going to speak against the Empire, and hopefully bring Hope into the galaxy.