Chapter 8

Padmé was packing up her things at her camp. Her hopes of getting the kids in a year were demolished. Just because of one man. One man she suddenly grew to hate. She wanted him dead.

But that was wrong of her to think. She scolded herself for such thoughts. She grew up knowing not to wish harm on someone.

She finished packing thirty minutes after she started. Mostly because of procrastination. 

However, her thoughts landed on how she was going to leave Tatooine. An Imperial vessel was leaving shortly. She could sneak onto that.

That was really the only option she had. She had no money to hire a ship, much less get her own. If she were on Naboo, she would be able to borrow Sola's, her sister's. Well, steal and return later.

But the Imperial vessel was really her only option. So she walked to Mos Eisley, and saw it. Stormtroopers were loading it with weapons that they imported.

Carefully, she snuck in behind a crate, remaining as still as possible.

A whole day later, she felt the vessel land. Wherever she was, she prayed that there would be a city she could hide in.

Or maybe even a forest? Perhaps a world of terrain. Either way, she needed out.

Without being spotted by anyone. 

Carefully, she peeked out and saw where saw was.

An Imperial Star Destroyer. 

Great. Just what she needed most. The place heavily populated by the tyrants.

She put her hood on, and snuck out, immediately moving to the only room she found. The storage room.

Dusty helmets and broken blasters lined the walls. Strange enough, a few Clone helmets were there. But not ordinary Clones.

The 501st.

Anakin's legion. Her husband's legion. She remembered the times she was with them. Captain Rex was the most loyal one to Anakin. He even helped him when Anakin needed to talk to her during the five month long siege.

When she was pregnant.

As she looked in the room, she saw a sign on the door. A sign that nearly made her heart stop.

 "Lord Vader's Weapon Barracks"

Vader was the man she ran into on Tatooine. The Sith Lord.

That meant she couldn't stay in here. At all.

Vader was pacing his quarters. His imported weapons came in. Everyone knew how great he was at being a mechanic and fixing things, so reluctantly, the troopers came to him for help, hence his weapons barracks was for that purpose. Fixing things.

So, as he left to the main hangar, he checked the shipment. One hundred blasters, twenty were broken.

 "I want a complaint written to our importer. Tell them I want our money back, and that they've lost a buyer." He says to Moff Tarkin.

 "Yes my Lord." Takin bows and rushes off.

Vader collects the blasters into an empty crate, pulling it to his storage room.

When he got in, he glances at the Clone helmets, sighing.

He didn't notice Padmé, who was in the corner, hiding. All he did was file in the broken blasters, adding them to the queue of things needed to be fixed.

Soon, he left, leaving to go back to his duties.

And Padmé felt it was safe to stay in there.