Chapter 2

"Padmé...you are the love of my life. I can't live without you. Everything I've said to you, I mean it. Even if our life is going to be a secret, I want to share it with you. I'll do anything for you, beautiful. Because, you truly are my Angel. And not from the moons of Diego. But from the junk shop on Tatooine that led us here. Honestly, I won't regret being a slave. If I wasn't, I would never have found my Angel. Padmé, I love you from the bottom of my heart, and I will go to lengths to make sure you are okay. You're the love of my life. Thank you, for choosing to spend the rest of your life with me."

 His wedding vows echoed in her mind. Padmé was alone, sitting in a small tent on the outskirts of Mos Eisley. This was her camp until she found what she was looking for. Answers.

The Empire had patrols, and she was often questioned by them, asking for her chain code. Excuses were the best thing she could remember from her pregnancy. So she made excuses to the troops.

The next day, she was walking around Mos Eisley, when a little boy bumped into her. After helping him up, she saw her son. Luke. 

 "Sorry ma'am! I wasn't looking where I was going!" He said quickly, giving him the toothy grin her husband always gave her when he was up to something/

 "Don't worry about it. What're you doing alone?" She smiled at the boy.

 "I'm getting power converters. Uncle Owen is at home."

 " Don't let me stop you, please be safe. " she watched him run off, seeing so much of Anakin in the little boy. 

Several troopers talked about Vader again. How he was still hunting the Jedi and was at Naboo. Again, according to them. 

In a corner of her mind, she wanted to meet this Vader and kill him. He is the reason why Anakin is dead.

But she couldn't let anger take control of her. That's not the right thing to do.

Her hair was pulled up into a tight high ponytail, the heat exhausting her. To be fair, it was Tatooine. The place she met Anakin. Her heart felt empty without him.

However, her mission at the moment was just to figure out anything of the Empire. There she was, alone. In such a big world .

 "Ani! I love you! Be safe my handsome Jedi! Tread lightly, please. You're mine forever!"

 Her words echoed Vader's mind.

 "Oh my Anakin. It's been too long. Well, actually not. You have been back for two weeks, but another siege came! Anyways, the baby is getting its constant energy from you, I know it! Ah, i wish you were here. Not on the battlefield, no offense or anything. I think Obi-Wan knows about us, so you can stop having Rex cover for you. Honestly Ani, I love you so much but I'm going crazy with the 'bipolar ' thought process you have. You literally said one hour that we should shout our marriage, not whisper. And the next, your on about super secrecy. Well, time to go eat again. This baby is something else. Bye my love!"

He took off his helmet, his eyes shining with tears. "What have I done!?"

His anger and sadness were unbalanced, causing him pain in his heart. He wanted his wife. His kid. He wanted his mother. Her advice right now, he die for it.

And then there is the whole, "Padmé had signed herself up for this" debate amidst Vader's crew. He was angry from those comments.

But all in all, he was still Anakin. Still the man Padmé loved, for her. Now, not 100%. Vader still was the ruling conscious.

He was Anakin.