Chapter 21

Padmé was waiting at the door of the Lars homestead. After she had knocked, she waited. Luke didn't know who she was, and she was scared if his reaction to knowing that she was his real mother. After the whole fiasco with Anakin, she really just wanted to be in and out with her son, so she could leave. Part of her wanted to leave without the man who slaughtered so many innocents. The other part wanted to push him onto the foldup bed and show him how much she loved him. Just the thought made her shudder in sudden anticipation.

Soon, the door opened to a small boy, Luke. He looked so much like his father did when he was younger, and it made Padmé's heart warm up with love. "Oh! Hi ma'am. Auntie Beru!? There's a lady at the door."

The woman known as Beru Lars walked over, a rag in her hands, "Really? Oh..." She looked at Padmé, immediately recognizing her as the woman who came with Anakin, when Shmi Skywalker went missing.

"Hi Beru. We...um We need to talk." Padmé stutters.

Beru immediately went to Owen to go out and retrieve a man named Ben. That brought confusion to Padmé, why did a man named Ben need to be interfering with her personal business.

"We thought you were dead. Everyone did. I assume you're here for Luke?" The sister in law to Anakin Skywalker says kindly.

"I needed to get out of a bad situation. My Handmaiden stood in place for my death, and lies in my casket. She has my forever gratitude. And yes, I'm here for Luke. I'll be going for Leia shortly after." Padmé responds.

"Ben told us about Leia. Honestly, this whole buisness has confused me so much. But I won't try getting involved anymore than I'm asked too."

"I appreciate that. Thank you. Luke? Can you come here?" Padmé beckons the boy over. He walks to her, and sat on her lap when gestured to. "You barely know me, and that's okay. My name is Padmé Amidala. I was a Queen and a Senator. But the important thing is...is that I'm your mother. You may be confused. Or sad. Or even angry . I'm fine with that. But I want to take you to my home. Away with me. And your father. You have a twin sister too. We'll get her next. The only reason why I had to leave, is because the Empire was after me. They wanted me to die. I love you so much, my baby."

He looked so shocked and lost for words, all he did was slump against her chest and hug her tightly. She smiled and rubbed his back, picking him up and standing up. The two packed his stuff, and said their emotional goodbyes to the Lars homestead.

Anakin was standing moodily by the ship when they returned, but his eyes lit up at the sight of his son. "Luke!?" He hugs his wife and son, squeezing them tightly.

"You must be Anakin Skywalker. My father. " he says, strained from how tight he was being hugged.

"I am. I am your father. I'm so sorry." He was crying, thinking of all the mistakes he made when he rose to power as Darth Vader. As he apologized a hundred more times, he looked into the beautiful brown eyes of his angel. He was but a slave to not only Way to when he was a child, the Order as a young adult, and the Emperor as a man, but she was always an angel. From the moment he laid eyes on her, back at the junk shop. When she fought for her home planet at the battle of Naboo. When her life was in danger and she refused to sit back. As they got married. When she became with child. She was always his Angel.

A familiar man started walking to the family, "Anakin...Padmé?" The Courscant clipped accent caught their ears, and the Slave and The Angel looked at him. It was Obi-Wan.

"Obi-Wan!?"

"Master!?"

The two shouted at the same time.

"Yes. Well...a few years really did you two well. It's good that you're both alive. Anakin...thank you."

"Thank you!? Why are you thanking me? I did awful things, Obi-Wan!" Anakin starts shouting. He was too emotional to deal with all of this. His wife and child were off to the side, watching everything.

"For making the right descion. For always being the strong man I know you to be. Take care of your wife and children."

Padmé was still angry with Anakin. He murdered children! But she felt that familiar thud in her heart. She wanted to bruise his lips with hers, she wanted her hands to run against his chest, and his against her hips. Mentally scolding herself, she stopped those sexual thoughts, and looked at the men.

They were arguing, but not heatedly. It was an emotional argument, with a mentally broken Anakin.

"We should be leaving. Leia." Padmé says, gesturing to her ship for Luke to go in. He went inside, and she got Anakin in as well. As everyone said goodbye, the Skywalker trio left Tatooine, and got contact information for Obi-Wan, so they may contact each other once more, and headed for Alderaan and the mother and son fell into a deep slumber...