Chapter 23 - Mess Up

Angelo Vander

Chance is really.. losing himself.

He was having a bad mental breakdown and he started to going crazy. Seeing it in front of my eyes making my heart breaks. He's not suppose to go through this.

I know his love for ILLICIT is big and he knows he can't leave Dean alone. He's not being selfish but I can see he's losing himself.

This is exactly the same Chance when I met him years back.

He's constantly crying, breaking things and experience a lot of symptoms of panic attacks.

"Why didn't she tell me?" Chance asked.

"Because she knows she won't be spending the rest of her life with you. At least she will have two beautiful twins that has your genes." I answered as I looked out the window that I broke earlier.

"I know she would be happy with Heinrich." He stated and I shook my head.

"That's what you think, Chance. She's so in love with you that she's willing to respect your decisions. Imagine how big her love for you is, she's sacrificing her own happiness for a bastard like you." I said and I could heat Chance sobbing.

"She deserves.. someone who treats her better."

"That's bullshit, Chance. That's bullshit.." I sighed.

"Angelo, you know what will happen if I leave ILLICIT." He said and I turned to him.

"You really have lost your faith in us huh?" I looked at him disbelief.

"Do you think we will let that happen? We love Dean as equal as you love him! If you think we're leaving for good, you're dumb as fuck!" I bursted angrily.

"You don't understand!" Chance looked straight into my eyes.

"What? I don't understand what?" I asked and Chance screamed in frustration.

Suddenly my phone rang and it's Dakota. I quickly picked her call because I don't want her to worry.

"Yes, love?"

"You should look out the window." I turned my head slowly and saw a helicopter approaching the house. The guard that stood in front of me looking at me suspiciously.

"No, love. I haven't eat, they barely give me food." I said as I walked towards Chance. I eyed him to get up and he got my signal immediately when he took his phone from the table.

I heard a lot of shots being fired to the helicopter and we both quickly beat up all the guards in the room. We got out to the balcony and most of the guards already knocked out. She shot them with sleeping shot.

"What the hell are you two doing?! Run!" Dakota screamed and right.. I grabbed Chance's arm and dragged him with me. I grabbed a gun from the ground and if I need to shoot them, I will.

We both ran through the forest behind the house and trying to find a way to runaway. As we're running, there's two motorcycles ready for us and I quickly got on it. It turned to Chance and he was not.. like himself. He looked so confuse. I grabbed him and made him to ride with me.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" I hissed.

"Sorry." He said and I looked up following there the helicopter heading.

Thank God, I married that woman.

I followed the helicopter and I saw she's leading me towards the beach. I heard the guards following me from behind. I sped up and I screamed excitedly when we're on the beach. I followed the helicopter as it's slowly lower down.

Suddenly there's two jeeps coming out from the forest tailing us. They're right behind us and I looked at Dakota who just opened the helicopter door.

She got a gun with her and she started shooting. I tried to catch up with the helicopter but it's not as easy as I thought it would be. I sped up again.

"Go.. go to the forest.. we'll find away from there." Chance said and I quickly turned towards the forest. Dakota kept this up pretty quick, she led me through the forest.

I saw her putting the ladder down. I quickly sped up and stopped near a small river. Chance got off and quickly reached for the ladder. I quickly followed behind him and grabbed the end of the ladder before the guards reached us.

Dakota got us out of here and pulled the ladder up. I saw Dean's security team and damn he really got a lot of them for Chance. Unbelievable!

Once I got into the helicopter, Dakota brought our medical team to check on Chance.

"Thankyou." I said as I hugged my wife.

"You're welcome and you will be sleeping on the sofa once we get home." She said and she pushed me away.

I was the one who told her to stay in Paris instead coming with me. She ended up following me and the one who saved me. I checked on Chance and he's trying to adjust his breathing.

"Is the jet ready?" I asked Dakota.

"Yeah, we will leave right away."

Once we arrived at the airport, we got into the private jet and took off right away.

Dakota Vander

I kissed my husband's cheek as I put a blanket on him. He's been tired trying to locate Chance for the past 2 days. I got up from my seat to grab a drink when I saw Chance looking at the window blankly.

I grabbed a bottle of apple juice and walked towards him. I sat beside him and he turned to me.

"We will find her." I said trying to cheer him up.

"Yeah, we have to." He sighed.

"Heinrich knew about the pregnancy and he's ready to accept them as his." I said and I could see anger in his eyes as well as pain.

"Are you still going to let her go once we find her?" I asked.

"Dakota, you don't know what's going on in ILLICIT right now. It's still really hard for me to leave." He said.

"You really hurt Aria, Chance. If you still thinking about leaving once we find her, you really mess up."