Chapter 12 - Promise

Dean Alessandro

Chance was falling apart.

He doesn't need to say anything, I could see it in his eyes. He was losing hope in life again, just like 11 years ago. His eyes were empty, his face was pale and he was losing it. The history repeat it's self. He was healed when ILLICIT started but now.. he got back again to his lowest point of his life.

Me and Chance were indeed the most broken ones in ILLICIT. Without Phoenix, Adrian and Angelo, it was hard for us to cope with life.

After Angelo left, Chance began to hate them. He never check on them again, he never wanted to communicate with them again. He hates their significant others too. He told them three that he'll be okay as long as them happy but he was slowly breaking inside.

Aria was indeed an important role in his life. She fixed him and he was happy. Before even Phoenix got whipped, Chance was actually the first one who fell into the black hole.

I let him.

Why? Because Chance isn't as strong as me. He needs someone to help him stand up. That's why as one by one leaves him, the foundation that keeps him alive starting to fall down.

Now, I need to keep Aria away from him. He needs to get used to the situation of not having her around. He will be okay, I know he will. He just needs time to adjust with the new situation.

Aria Nielsen

I smiled when I saw Chance come into my house. He gave me a really big hug and buried his face to my neck. It's been days since we've seen each other. He's busy with work and I'm busy trying to keep up with my pregnancy.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked as he pulled away. I smiled nodding and he caressed my cheek.

"I brought you food." He said raising a plastic full of chinese food. We walked together to the kitchen and I noticed that his face was a little bit pale and it seemed like he lose some weight in just a few days.

"Chance." I called him as he took out all the food from the plastic opening it one by one.

"Hmm?"

"Have you been working a lot lately?" I asked and he turned to me.

"Yeah, there's a lot of meetings lately so.. I have to take care of that." He said as he gave me a spoon and chopsticks. I looked at him suspiciously because he's not the type to overwork himself.

"Eat up." He said and I nodded. He sat down across me but I looked at him a little bit skeptical. I started eating and I noticed that he was eating slow.

"Chance." I put my spoon down and he raised his eyebrows.

"What is it?" I asked.

"What?" He asked me back.

"You're acting all weird." I said gesturing at him.

"Aria, I'm just tired. Can we not make this into an argument?" He sighed and I wanted to smack the back of his head so badly. I really need to control my emotions more because this pregnancy hormones really hit me.

"Sorry." I said and he continued to eat.

"Chance, are you staying the night?" I asked and he shook his head. "We could watch movies together and then I have to go. I have to go to Paris early in the morning." He said and I nodded.

After eating, we both walked to the living room sitting side by side watching Netflix together. I leaned my head to him and we were holding hands.

"Did you get the dress already?" He asked and I nodded.

"What's your next plan? What do you want me to help?" I turned to him and he shouldn't have said that. It made me feel like I'm nothing but a toy for him.

"Just the wedding." I answered as I tried my best not to be emotional. Suddenly Chance pulled me to his lap and he hugged me. I ran my hands through his hair and kissed the top of his head.

"What do you want for your wedding gift?" He asked and he pulled back. We both looked at each other and I shook my head.

"I don't want anything." Why are we talking about this topic? I really don't want to talk about this.

"Very well, I can send anything I want then." He joked and I chuckled.

"Do you want to go for a drive?" He asked and I found myself nodding. He gestured me to go change and I went upstairs. I changed into my black jeans and hoodie. I put on boots and walked out from my house. Chance already brought out my motorbike and I walked to him.

He put on my helmet for me and he smiled. He gestured me to hop on and I got on the back. He put his helmet and I wrapped my arms around him.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said and he drove out from my house. I couldn't help but smile widely. It's been awhile since got out for a drive. I've always driving motorbike and he was the one who taught me how to.

I closed my eyes and raised my hands in the air feeling the breeze and the taste of freedom. I wrapped my arms around his body again and I can't help but giggle.

He drove to the Primrose Hill, our favorite place to have a late night picnic. He stopped and parked the motorbike. He helped me taking off my helmet and he took off his. He grabbed my hand and we walked up the park. We sat on the grass and none of us talk.

It was peaceful and I just wish the time can stop here. I don't want anything else besides stopping the time and repeating all the good times between me and Chance.

"When I'm not around, be good a girl, Aria." He said as he turned to me with a smile.

"I promise." I smiled even though my heart was crying in pain right now.

---

I need your help by voting and commenting my books so it can boost up my book in rankings. I already write this book until chapter 25 and will unlock a new chapter once the comments reaches 100. The faster you comment and vote, the faster you will get the new chapter. I think it's pretty fair since I write all my books without making them paid stories, I just hope you can help me by voting and commenting.

Thankyou.