Chapter 16 - Sense Back

Chance Kyson

When Aria's mother dragged her away, I immediately know that Logan Nielsen is going to give me a long speech regarding his daughter.

"How are you young man? It's been quite some time since I've seen you." He said as he gave me a small smile but his eyes were ready to kill me any second.

"I'm good, Your Highness. I've been busy with work." I said and Logan nodded.

"These days, my heart has been so heavy thinking about sending my daughter away for marriage." He sighed as he looked blankly at the table.

"I was just hoping that she doesn't pick the wrong man again like 7 years ago." I think he's not talking about me because I've met Aria 5 years ago so who's the man that Logan is talking about.

"I still remember when she came to me one night begging for me to send her to America. She wanted to live independently, find love and get married. She was happy at first.. then slowly I.. saw her beautiful smile fading away." What happened exactly? Why didn't I know this?

"What happened, sir?" I asked because I couldn't help myself. My anger started to burn my chest and I found myself biting my lower lips.

"She moved in with that man, he assaulted her, he hurt her, and he beat her up. She was blinded by love at that time so she thought everything will be okay but it escalated." Who the hell is that man? I'll send people to kill him instead.

"She stayed with that man for another year and that's when Adrian found out about that man. He separated his sister away from him and he got mad. He asked her to come to the bar to talk and she was beaten once again." I will find him and kill him with my own hands.

"She lost hope in love, she was broken." Then I remembered when Adrian told me that Leah somehow reminded him of her sister. It made sense now after hearing the story from Logan. Why didn't Aria tell me about this?

"She then comeback to London to start over and maybe that's when she met you." I turned to Logan and he looked at me straight into my eyes.

"I'm not going to blame everything on you for this one because I know everyone has their own reason behind their decisions but.. I hope you think about your decisions again this time because once it happens, there's no going back." I'm glad that he tried to talk to me in a nice way instead of going full rage. I'm not blaming him either for talking like this to me because everyone knew about my relationship with Aria.

"I'm not going to regret anything, sir. Prince Heinrich is the right person for Aria and she deserves to be happy." I said honestly and Logan sighed before he ended up nodding his head.

"I know that you might be mad at me for playing your daughter around but I never see her like that. We've been in this relationship for 5 years and I really care for your daughter, Mr. Nielsen. She is one of the best things that happened in my life." I said as I found myself choking on my own words.

"If I may ask, why you chose this decision?" He asked and I looked down to the table. There's a lot going on in my head that I just can't even express. I was trying so hard to piece my answer together.

"Is my daughter not enough for you? Is that why?" He added and I shook my head.

"She was more than enough. She actually more than enough, sir. She changed me and I should be thankful for that. I owed it a lot to her." I said as I looked straight at him.

"Is it the bachelor lifestyle that you want to pursue?" He asked in a sarcastic tone and I shook my head.

"It's complicated, sir. I rather not talk about it." I said truthfully and Logan sighed. Suddenly Aria and her mother entered the dining room again, I turned to Aria and she looked at me worried.

"I think I have to go." I said as I got up from my seat. Aria walked to me and linked her arms to mine.

"You should, it's a little late and you have work tomorrow." Aria added and as I was going to walk out from the dining room, Logan stopped me by saying, "you two should stop seeing each other and stop fooling around."

"Father." Aria hissed and I held her hand tighter gesturing her not to talk back.

"She's not a toy, Chance. She has feelings and I think you should consider that." He added and Aria pulled me out from the dining room. Aria walked me out and she apologized to me. His words kept replaying on my head and I just couldn't stop thinking about it.

"I'll go home, I'll call you later." I said and Aria nodded. I walked to my car and I gestured her to get in. I got into my car and drove out from her house.

I called Dean on my way to the headquarters.

"Hello." Dean answered.

"Meet me at the headquarters right now." I said and ended the call. I need to get my sense back because this isn't going well. I need Dean to set my priority straight again.

After I arrived at the headquarters, I went up to the gym. I put on my gym clothes and put on my boxing gear. I saw Dean walking in still in his suit looking at me confuse.

"You should change into your sports attire." I said and Dean nodded. After 10 minutes, he got back and walked into the boxing ring. I threw him my boxing gloves and looked at him straight in the eye.

"Help me get my sense back, you know what to do." I said and he smirked. He put on my boxing glovers and didn't hesitate to throw his big punch straight to my stomach.

---

I need your help by voting and commenting my books so it can boost up my book in rankings. I already write this book until chapter 25 and will unlock a new chapter once the comments reaches 1000. The faster you comment and vote, the faster you will get the new chapter. I think it's pretty fair since I write all my books without making them paid stories, I just hope you can help me by voting and commenting.

Thankyou.