Chapter 26 - Bait

Dean Alessandro

When I heard the news about Chance waking up, I quickly ran to the room that we assign him at. I didn't get in but I'm monitoring him through a one way mirror.

He was looking blankly outside the window.

He knew something, I know it. He knew something that's why he's not leaving.

I walked into the room and Chance turned to me.

"What exactly going on in your mind?" I asked and Chance sighed. He took off the IV and he got up from the hospital bed. He walked towards the window and he sighed.

It seemed he doesn't want to talk to me. I decided to leave the room and gestured Rocky to bring her in. Rocky gave me a nod and he brought Aria in.

Aria looked at me and I can tell he hates me but I don't really care. Rocky brought her in and I walked into the room beside his again to monitor him.

Aria approached Chance slowly and once Chance saw her, they both didn't say anything.

"Sir." I turned to David who bursted into the room.

"What?"

"We got an alert from.. The Gold Lifes and I think you should see it." He said and I nodded.

"Watch him." I said to my trusted doctors.

Chance Kyson

When I saw Aria in the same room as me, it felt like a dream. She approached me slowly and we both didn't say a word to each other. It's like we both know what we're thinking.

"I think I owe you an explanation." I said starting the conversation. She shook her head and I looked out the window.

"I understand where you.. stand, Chance."

"There's a lot of things going on and I would have run to you right away if there's no obstacle between us." I said truthfully and she nodded.

"Let's go to another room, I want to tell you something." I said as I grabbed her hand and walked out from the room. I led her to my office and made her sit down on the sofa.

My eyes landed on her baby bump and she immediately grabbed a pillow covering it.

"I'm pretty sure that you know by now that ILLICIT has 5 members. Phoenix, Adrian, Angelo, me and Dean." I started and she nodded.

"3 member left the group already and we were the two last man standing. If I leave, Dean will fall with the ILLICIT because he doesn't have someone on his side."

"Adrian did tell me that he will not let ILLICIT fall because those three bastards still care. I do believe them, I always have faith in them but.. recently I found something and I certainly can't let ILLICIT go, Aria." I said looking into her eyes.

"If I let it go now and run to you, you might be in danger. Not only you but.. all of the previous members of ILLICIT might be in danger."

"Why?"

"Because.. the original ILLICIT members are planning to comeback and.. maybe claiming their place again. It won't be a good sign if they take over the power that we have today." I said as I nervously bit my bottom lips.

"Way back before I was an ILLICIT member, there actually were a couple of people who rule ILLICIT with Dean. Now, since 3 people already left the group.. it's time for them to slip back inside and they're not good people."

"This means you're equally in danger?" She said and I can't answer that.

"So this means.. you're staying and you're still sending me to Heinrich?" She asked as she turned away avoiding my eye contact. I can't answer that either.

"Let me ask you one question then I'll happily walk away from your life.." She said and I nodded.

"Have you ever.. have feelings for me? Even though it's just a tiny bit." She asked and I looked at her.

"If I don't have feelings for you, I won't end up like this constantly almost everyday, Aria. My heart is aching for you but after being a member of ILLICIT, I don't really have a choice when it comes to relationship and love."

"Okay." She nodded and got up from the sofa.

"I just want you to stay alive, that way.. I could live in peace." She said and I nodded. She then walked towards the door.

"Chance." I turned to her when she called my name.

"Once the twins born, I'll let them know that they have an awesome father." She smiled and walked out. Her last words stabbed right into my heart.

I don't want to mention about the twins because I know I will immediately decide to leave. I know the twins will be better without me because I won't be a great father either.

"I'm sorry, Aria. I'm really sorry." I whispered to myself.

Aria Nielsen

As soon as I arrived home, Adrian gave me a hug. I cried in his arms and he tried to calm me down.

And again.. it's a painful stage for me.

Adrian forced me to tell everything because that way, he can help Chance and preventing him from getting in danger. I told Adrian everything, literally everything.

"Adrian."

"Hmmm.."

"Do you know about this? About the original members?" I asked.

"It happened before I got into the team but for sure.. one of them is coming next month." Adrian answered.

"Really? What's his name?"

"Her name is Danielle Leone and.. trust me. Once she's back, it won't be a good sign for a lot of people."

"Then why are you leaving the ILLICIT when you know something like this would happen?" I asked.

"No one knew except Dean and.. I don't know how Phoenix knew but.. it traveled to us when Angelo left ILLICIT." Adrian sighed.

"Is she a part of mafia or something? Why do I feel like I heard about her before?"

"Because she's a famous racer in the US."

"What are you going to do now?" I asked.

"First, we really need Chance to leave. That way we can make the fish bite it's bait."