Chapter 10 - Downfall

Aria Nielsen

I woke up and realized that all the lights were already off. I sat up slowly and realized that Heinrich was sitting on the sofa beside me sleeping. I felt so sorry that he has to sleep like this.

I caressed Heinrich's thigh to wake up him and he opened his eyes.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked as he realized I'm awake already.

"I'm okay. You should sleep in the guest room, you must be uncomfortable." I said and he smiled shaking his head. I got up from the sofa and led him to the guest room. I went straight to my room to take a hot bath because I really need it.

I checked my phone and there's a text message from Chance. Chance was never the type who text and it was a surprise for me to see it. I opened the message.

I hope you're doing okay.
If you need anything don't hesitate to call me.

I read the message again and again. I even brought the phone to the bathtub looking at it again and again. Suddenly I felt this overwhelming feeling from the bottom of my heart and I cried.

Why are you doing this to me, Chance? You're making it more difficult than it should be. Why don't you try to stop me? Why don't you try to ask about my feeling? Am I not that important to you?

God, please make everything more easier. I've had enough going through this.

Chance Kyson

Instead of going home, I was driving around for hours. I was not myself after I drove away from her house. I kept having trouble breathing and I kept sweating a lot. Sometimes I caught myself staring blankly at the road and ended up getting honk a lot.

I pulled over and got out my car. I tried to breath normally but it seemed so difficult for me. I leaned my body to my car because my legs were betraying me.

"Chance?" I froze when I heard Phoenix's voice. I found myself trying to open the door but it wouldn't open. I was starting to lose my conscious.

"Chance?" Phoenix caught my body in time and I turned to him angry. I grabbed his collar and pushed him away making me fall down to the floor. I got up immeidately and opened my car door but this time I found strenght again.

"Chance!" Phoenix banged my car window and tried to open my car door. I started my car to drive away but as I was going back to the road, Phoenix crashed his own car to mine preventing me to go.

He knew that I was going through a lot.

I looked at my steering wheel blankly and Phoenix kept banging on the window asking me to get out from the car. I ended up opening my car door and got out from the car. I looked around to see all the ILLICIT team here.

"What's wrong with you?!" Phoenix bursted angrily at me and I shook my head.

"I don't know what's wrong with me." I said truthfully because I don't have any strenght anymore. I was losing it and the history repeated itself again after all these years.

The team blocked the road just to handle me. Phoenix called the medical team for me and they brought me to the ambulance.

"You're not okay, Chance." Phoenix said before gave me an oxygen tub and I closed my eyes.

I was falling apart.. for the second time in my life.

Phoenix Sterling

Chance was falling apart and I don't need to be a detective to know why. It's none other than Aria Nielsen who's going to get married in a month. My heart hurt to see Chance like earlier.

It was like his soul was no longer here. His eyes were empty and his face was so pale like he's death already.

I dialed Adrian's phone number.

"I'm already on my way." Adrian picked up and I'm glad that he's already on his way. I looked at Chance who was being treated by some doctors.

We all know that he won't give ILLICIT up that easily and he was willingly to let Aria go. He knew that to himself but his mind and soul started betraying him. Aria's wedding is a month away and he's already acting like this, what will he be once she gets married?

I saw Adrian running towards me and I pointed at Chance. Adrian looked at his condition first before he walked to me.

"Dean is in Paris huh?" Adrian asked and I nodded.

"What happened?" Adrian asked as he saw our car. I sighed and I gestured him to walk with me to Chance's car.

"I was driving home when I saw him standing here. He was having trouble breathing and he was losing his mind. He lost strenght in his body that he fell down just by pushing me away." I said and Adrian sighed. We both knew what's wrong with him.

"Panic attacks." Adrian said and I nodded.

"You should have seen him earlier. He was like a zombie, it was like he's dead already." I said and Adrian turned his head to Chance. We walked towards the medical team and they told us that his breathing starting to get normal.

"Bring him to the headquarters, we'll follow you there." Adrian said.

"Dean will kill us, Adrian." I said and Adrian turned to me shaking his head.

"We're not going to leave him alone until Dean comes here." He said and I nodded. They closed the ambulance and they drove off first. I walked with Adrian to his car and got in.

"How's Aria coping with this situation?" I asked as I wore my seatbelt.

"I don't know, Aria is good at hiding her feelings." Adrian said as he drove following the ILLICIT team to the headquarters.

"Aria is not married yet and he's already losing it. Once she gets married, he will officially have his downfall."