Chapter 4 - Pay The Price

Chance Kyson

I opened my eyes slowly and I couldn't feel Aria sleeping beside me. I sat up immediately and saw her standing at the balcony with a cup of tea on her hand. I got up and walked towards her wrapping my arms around her body from the back.

"Morning, sleepy head." She said.

"It's so early, we should go back to bed." I said and she put the cup down on the table. She turned her body fully to me and she shook her head.

"I can't, I have to go." I raised my eyebrows. I bet it's around 7 in the morning and it's Saturday.

"Go where?"

"Athens."

"Why? Why are going there?" I asked confused because she has no reason to go there. Her work is in London, Copenhagen or maybe in Paris.

"I'm getting engaged tonight." Her statement was like a bomb to me. I looked at her disbelief and I even took a step back away from her after she said it.

"I'm getting married in a month, Chance." She said excitedly and she chuckled. "I know I should have told your earlier but I know you won't care about it anyway." She said like this news is nothing. I could feel my heart crushed into pieces but I slapped the shit out of myself.

"Congratulations then." I said trying to be as normal as possible.

"I felt a little weird, I'm going to be someone's wife." She said as she grabbed her cup of tea again. She sipped it slowly and I nodded.

"You're a Princess after all, you need to get married." I said as I realized again that she's royal.

"I'll be moving to Greece in a month, it will be hard to see each other after that. I was hoping if you could find someone else soon." Her words stabbed me right at the core. She really thinks that it would be easy to find a replacement huh?

"I'm happy for you, Aria. I really do and I hope nothing but the best for you." I said looking straight into her beautiful eyes. She smiled at me and she chuckled.

"I'll invite you to the wedding, I'll send the invitation." She said and I nodded. She gave me a kiss on my cheek and then walked into the room again. I was trying to process it again in my head. I even bit my lower lip so hard to make sure that this is not a dream.

In the end of the day, I have to let her go. Chance, everything will be easier if she's not around and besides I'm not going to leave ILLICIT jus- why the hell would I leave ILLICIT? I'm not in love with Aria. She's just someone that I slept around with for the past 4 years.

I held on to the railing because I felt my sould left my body for a second. It was hard for me to breath all of the sudden and I could feel my chest hurting so badly.

I walked back into the room and Aria was in the bathroom taking a shower. I walked out from the room and went down to the kitchen. I wasn't breathing normally as I made my coffee and I could feel the pain in my chest again.

I looked at the coffee in front of me and I stared at it blankly. When I heard Aria walking downstairs, I quickly opened the fridge acting all normal again.

"Chance, I have to go." She said announcing herself. She walked into the kitchen and I turned to her wearing one of my shirts. I smiled and she gave me a peck on my lips.

"I'll see you next week." She said and then she walked away. As soon as she's out from the house, I started to have trouble breathing. I was trying my best to calm myself down and tried to control my breathing.

After I made sure that she's out, I screamed my lungs out. There's frustration within me that I just can't seem to understand. I tried to breath properly and I slowly started to sweat. I could feel my heary was pounding so fast.

I pressed the emergency button under my kitchen table as I slowly sitting down on the floor. I was having a really hard time and this reminds me a lot of what happened in the past.

After a few minutes, I could the door busted open. I heard people calling my name. I couldn't find my voice to let them know I'm in the kitchen. I saw two of them got into the kitchen and the immediately called the medical team. After that, I passed out.

Dean Alessandro

When I heard the emergency alert went off, I immediately checked on Chance's whereabouts. He's at home and I noticed that the emergency team already on their way. I opened the body cams on the team to see what happened to him.

He passed out.

Did something happen? Did someone drug him? My alert went up immediately and I got a call from the medical team. I quickly asked them to go straight to the headquarters. I changed my clothes and drove towards the headquarters right away.

"Did someone come earlier? Or yesterday?" I asked my team through the phone.

"Ms. Aria Nielsen just left about 20 minutes before he collapse." Aria? Did Aria do something to him? Did Aria drug him? The medical team told me that his vitals were fine but it seemed like his heart was beating so fast. They told me that he's sweating a lot.

What exactly Aria do? This is why I told him that screwing Aria won't be a great idea. She's as strong as him and she's the only woman who can play Chance perfectly.

If something bad happens to him, I will make sure that she will pay the price. I don't care if she's Adrian's sister, she has to pay the price if she has to.