Chapter 9 - Regret

Aria Nielsen

"Surprise!" Leah and my mother showed up at my house unannounced. I looked at them confuse and they brought me some of my favorite foods. I've been sick lately, the pregnancy got me good.

For the past 3 days, instead of eating a lot of foods.. I was having trouble eating. I felt nauseous smelling food and I kept feeling exhausting.

"Are you okay?" My mother asked as she looked at me worried. I gave her a nod and Leah smiled when she saw me.

"I told her because I want her to help you getting through all of this." My mother said and I nodded. I sat down on the sofa feeling sick. I laid on the sofa instead of going to the kitchen with Leah and my mother.

"I called Heinrich too, he will be here later on tonight." Great, she's going to call everyone soon. I heard my phone rang and Leah actually took it from the table giving it to me.

It's Chance.

Don't tell me that he's calling me for a booty call because I really can't even stand for 5 minutes. I picked up the call and put the phone to my ear.

"Hmm?"

"Are you sick?" He asked.

"I'm fine, I just.. need some rest."

"What do you want to eat? I'll go there." He said and I rather not have him here right now.

"Leah and my mother are here, they're taking care of me."

"Oh." He answered shortly.

"I'll call you tomorrow." I said and ended the call. I put my phone on the table and suddenly I felt like I'm going to throw up. I quickly ran to the toilet ready to throw up.

"Aria.." My mother quickly came and held my hair up.

"Here." Leah gave me a glass of water and I shook my head.

"Can you call the doctor? I don't feel good." I said to Leah and she nodded. I walked out from the toilet and my mother looked at me worried. I sat on the sofa again and my mother brought me pillows and blankets for me to sleep there.

"The doctor will come in 15 minutes." Leah said as she ended the call.

"Thankyou." The doctor came 15 minutes after that to check on me. She checked my baby too and said that I felt sick because I'm pregnant. It's just the hormones and there's nothing to worry about.

After the doctor left, I fell sleep on the sofa.

Leah Nielsen

I got an alert that someone was in front of the door. I got up from the sofa and opened the door to see Chance. He brought foods for Aria and I gestured him to come in. He saw her laying on the sofa sleeping and Chance stared at her for a few moments before going to the kitchen.

I heard another alert and opened the door again but this time it's Heinrich. I can't believe this two men come at the same time.

"Is she okay?" Heinrich asked right away and I nodded. I pointed at Aria on the sofa and Heinrich walked to her.

"Leah, I-" I turned to Chance and he saw Heinrich. I turned to Heinrich and they both already looked at each other.

"I'm assuming you're Heinrich, her fiance." Chance said as he walked closer to us. I hope this two don't end up killing each other. Heinrich smiled and nodded. He even put his hand out and Chance took it.

"I'm just checking on her, she was supposed to have a meeting with me this afternoon." Chance said and that's such a stupid excuse coming from him. Chance laid his eyes on Aria and Heinrich nodded.

Heinrich sat on the sofa beside her and checked the temperature with the back of his hand. Heinrich then proceed to kiss her forehead.

"I better get going then." Chance said and he bid his goodbye to the both of us. I walked him out following him to his car.

"Chance." I called him and he turned to me.

"She's in good hands, you don't need to worry about her. Heinrich is a good man." I said and he didn't say anything. He got into his car and drove away.

Adrian was right, Chance and Dean are indeed the hardest to tame. It seemed Chance got everything under control. In the end of the day, he will never leave ILLICIT for Aria. He will never give it up.

He's letting her go and it showed.

At least, she'll have his kid and she will see Chance through that kid. Instead of trying to fix Chance and Aria's relationship, I think it's better for them both to have their own ways.

"How can he let Aria go that easily?" I turned to Heinrich completely surprised that he said that.

"He has his own reasons." I said and Heinrich nodded. We walked back in and I decided to leave Aria with Heinrich. I walked to the garden to find Amanda reading a book. I sat beside her and Amanda turned to me.

"Did the two of them see each other?" She asked.

"Yeah, but it seems Chance got everything under control." I said truthfully and Amanda chuckled.

"Will everything be okay? Chance doesn't need to know about the baby right?" I asked Amanda and she sighed. She put her book down and took off her glasses.

"If he knows, the story will change drasticly and I'm sure Aria knows about that."

"Chance really doesn't love her huh?" I sighed.

"He's like Adrian, he needs to figure it out. I'm sure it's not easy for him." Amanda said as she looked up to the beautiful night sky.

"Are you proving this marriage?"

"Heinrich is a good man and there's no doubt in him. He will take a really good care of Aria and the baby. Aria is not a teenager anymore and I can't decide anything for her, Leah." She turned to me and I nodded agreeing to her statement.

"I just hope she doesn't regret it in the future."