Chapter 17 - Let Her Go

Aria Nielsen

"Father." I sighed as I sat down looking straight into my father's eyes. He looked away and my mother looked at him sadly.

"Why do you keep hurting yourself, Aria?" He asked without looking at me.

"What?"

"You're pregnant with twins right?" My eyes widen and I turned to my mother.

"He has to take resp-"

"I'm not doing it for him to take responsibility or to tie him down, father." I said cutting him and he shook his head disbelief.

"I don't get your logic, Aria. You've been hurt once but why are you risking yourself to get hurt again for the second time?" He asked me raising his voice and I sighed.

"I even ask myself that, father. I don't even know what I did wrong until I don't even deserve love." I said and that surprised my father a lot. He was speechless and he turned to my mother who was already tearing up.

"I love Chance with all my heart, with all my life and with every single cell in my body. From the start, he already told me that he can't give me what I want such as love or settling down. I took the risk and go with it."

"I had the same idea as him because I thought I had enough with love. I thought I would just go through this without falling for him but I ended up falling." I said as I pulled my legs up to the chair hugging it.

"Through my twins, I think I could live. I will be able to see Chance through them. In the end of the day, I have to get married either with love or without love." I choked myself as I was saying it. My heart was hurting and I felt so sorry for my babies to go through this stress emotion rollercoaster.

"I'm not as lucky as you both and it's fine. I'll be fine, we all going to be. It's just the matter of time, it will heal." It won't heal, I know it won't.

"You're planning not to tell him?"

"Yes and Heinrich already know about this. He's willing to take them as his own." I said and my father shook his head.

"If you want me to stay away from Chance, I'll gladly do but let me enjoy our last moments before I settle down, father." My mother turned to my father who was looking blankly at the table in front of him. My father sighed and ended up nodding.

"I'll be happy, I promise."

Dean Alessandro

I looked at Chance who was laying on the hospital bed again after having bad panic attacks and fainted after we have our boxing match. He was losing it and I could see it through his eyes.

He was trying to act normal but his body and mind betrayed him.

I found out through my private investigator that Aria is pregnant. Not with one but with two babies, she has twins. I doubt that it's Heinrich's baby because Heinrich never come to London that much judging from his records.

The interesting part of this is that Aria doesn't want Chance to know. I don't even know who knows about her pregnancy. I doubt Adrian knows about it because he will beat the shit out of Chance right away.

My heart felt heavy once again and for sure I know that Chance won't leave ILLICIT. I don't want to let him go either because I know.. once he leaves, I'll go down right away.

I have to be selfish for this one.

Amanda Nielsen

"We can't do anything, Mandy." Logan said as he sat down on the sofa. He was stressing about Aria and so was I. We both could see the sadness in her eyes about the situation but she seemed so strong about it.

"What did you say to Chance?" I asked curiously.

"I think he loves Aria too but something was holding him down. I did try to look into his background but I got nothing." Logan said and the door opened revealing my youngest son, Adrian. We both hugged him and sat him down.

"Is it about Aria?" He asked right away and Logan nodded.

"You're friends with Chance right? Could you tell us more about him?" Logan just straight up asked him that and Adrian sighed.

"I can't."

"Why?" Logan raised his voice.

"I just can't, I'm sorry. If you want to dig him, don't dig him through me." Adrian said and that made me raise my eyebrows.

"He's hurting your sister." I said and Adrian nodded.

"I know but it's not my place to tell his story." Logan and I looked at each other completely speechless with our son.

"Aria chose to marry Heinrich and why are you two thinking about Chance?" I walked to Adrian and smacked the back of his head.

"Why did you do that?" He hissed at me.

"You're selfish, Adrian. Just because you already happy with Leah, you don't care about your sister anymore!" I glared at him.

"Very well, if you don't want to tell us about Chance." I turned to Logan as he looked straight to Adrian. Adrian raised his eyebrows seeing his father's behaviour. Logan got up from his seat and walked out from the room.

"Why did Leah want to be with you?" I hissed and followed Logan out. Why can't Adrian say anything? Is he protecting something? I really can't trust Adrian to tell him about Aria's pregnancy.

"Where are you going?" I asked Logan.

"I have to call someone and I'll tell you later." He said and I stopped midway. He walked to his study room and I walked back to Adrian.

"The wedding is 2 weeks away, why do you ask me this now?" Adrian asked curiously and I shook my head.

"You're not telling me about Chance so I won't tell you anything about Aria." I said and he sighed.

"There's no use of you trying to change his mind, mother. His life is complicated and he won't be able to give Aria what she wants. As much as I want her to be with Chance but.. Chance already letting her go." My poor Aria, you deserve to be happy. This really breaks my heart.

---

Some of you guys are really something.

Complaining that I increase the numbers everytime I post a new update. Is it a crime for me to ask you guys to help boost my books?

I'm writing it free for you guys and update 2-3 chapters a day on a dailybasis and today upload 7-8 chapters a day.

Do you know I'm writing this with effort? Wrote ILLICIT #4 since last year and it was done to chapter 22 in 20th of October 2020. I had to keep it because it won't be fun to release it without having ILLICIT #3 done.

I'm really upset right now. Never thought something like this would be an issue. I was happy and having fun reading the comments but I guess.. some of you just don't appreciate art is.