Chapter 33 - See You Again

Chance Kyson

I got out from the lab and took off my lab coat. I walked back to my office to continue my work when Adrian called me to come to the basement.

I went down and he was standing in front of a door. He gestured me to get in and my jaw dropped seeing what's inside.

It's a whole new modern lab and it connected to my old ILLICIT files too.

"This is my lab?"

"It's yours and.. no one can access it beside you." He said as he activates the security system.

"Thanks."

"Welcome, I'll leave you alone then." He walked out from the new lab and I was still starstruck.

It's bigger than my last lab in the old ILLICIT headquarters. I think Estelle made this new tech where you can simulate a lot of your project before making it into a real life project.

I sat on my chair and looked around.

This reminded me on the first day where I stepped into the old ILLICIT headquarters. I felt weird, overwhelming also so excited.

It reminded me of Dean too.

We've been paying close attention to him and apparently he's living his life. He's in the hospital a lot doing surgeries and stuff. There's nothing weird with him.

I miss him.

He might be a tough and strict leader but I know he did all of that for a reason. He cares for us and he does not have a family at all. He never knew what love is.

I just wish one day, he would fall in love and settle down. I want him to be happy and experience what is it like to have someone to go home to.

I didn't realize it until I surrender myself to Aria. It felt so good and I never been this happy. After a long day of work, I have someone to go home to. Someone who I can lean one, someone who can make me feel alive and feel loved.

I turned to my computer and they scanned my eyes and finger at the same time. It opened and I decided to track where Dean is.

He's currently in the hospital.

I looked around my new lab again and my eyes landed on a small photo frame on one of the shelf. I got up and walked towards it. It's a photo of the 5 of us and I can't help but to smile.

Suddenly an idea popped up and I dialed my trusted PI who lives in the US.

"Yes, Mr. Kyson. What can I do for you?" He asked as soon as he picked up my call.

"Do you have more information?" I asked.

"We're currently investigating, sir. We really don't have any records about her in here, she's just.. racing. Nothing more and nothing less." That made me raise my eyebrows.

"How about her love life? Any relationships?"

"She used to date another racer, his name is Gabriel Harris. They dated for about.. I can say roughly 2 years but after that she never dated again."

"Craig, does she has any suspicious activities after racing or.. maybe at her house?"

"Judging by our observation, she does stay at home a lot but there's no unusual activities. She orders a lot of food but that's it." That's weird, why is she living like an ordinary woman?

I thought she would be something like a spy or maybe someone who have a lot of secret businesses.

Still don't get it why Dean protects her so much or maybe.. hates her so much. It's either one of those.

"Thankyou, Craig." I ended the cal and decided to check all the reports about Danielle Leone in my computer and again.. nothing suspicious.

She came from a wealthy family in Italy and she's the only child of Callahan Leone. What makes her so special? I swear who the hell is Danielle.

If she really is the original member of ILLICIT, why can't I find any information about it?

I know about Parker but.. I don't really know about others. Parker is dead and I'm glad he's dead.

My phone rang and it's Angelo.

"Hey."

"You're at the new lab?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm going to send you something, make sure to take a deep breath before opening it." I quickly sat in front of my computer and found Angelo already send me the file.

I opened it and holy shit.

I guess ILLICIT was meant to rule the world not in a good way but.. more like destruction type of way. I checked all the files that Angelo send me and it got me thinking that.. Dean was indeed doing what he's doing for a reason.

I looked at the ILLICIT logo on the wall and I really wish to know this before I left. I could have done something.

But..

Somehow I'm glad that we all stand on our own now. I know everything will be okay, everything will fall into place slowly.

"Angelo, am I reading this right?" I asked.

"Yeah, we're all as shock as you."

"But.."

"I know, we have to keep our eyes on him. No one would dare to kill him, it's a golden rule to obey that."

"Shit."

"I'll let you know if I find more." He ended the call.

Dean, I swear. I really want to bonk your head with a wood and make you amnesia so you can live your ordinary life. ILLICIT is important but it felt like he's treating it like a company.

ILLICIT is us, not the company so.. Dean needs to understand that first and trust us.

ILLICIT, this isn't a goodbye.. it's a start of something big.

THE END.