Chapter 2 - My Happy Ending

Aria Nielsen

"Why aren't you planning to tell him? He deserves to know, Aria." My mother said and I shook my head.

"I stopped taking the birth control shots since 3 months ago, mother. I did this on purpose." I said and her eyes widen. She thought it's an accident but it was far from that.

"But why? Why did you do it on purpose?" She asked and I sighed.

"I'm not as lucky as you when it comes to love, mother. I can't have him and this is the only way for me to have him around me." I said and my mother started to tear up.

"We both will never be together and I'm planning to keep this as long as I can. I hope you can understand and help me, mother." I said as I held her hand tightly. She cried and she hugged me.

"I'm sorry that you have to go through something like this, you deserve better." She said as she caressed my head. I know that I deserve better but I guess in this life, I'm not that lucky.

My mother promised me that she will keep it a secret from my family but she made me promise to tell Heinrich about this because he's going to be my husband and this kid will be a part of his family. I hope he's not mad at me and decided to end the engagement.

My mother stayed with me for the night and she decided to stay in London for a week instead going back to Copenhagen right away. I'm glad that she's staying here because I don't have anyone to be with me.

When my mother felt asleep, I walked to the bathroom and opened the drawer under the sink. I looked at all the pregnancy test and every one of them test positive. I did call our family doctor to check and I think that's where my mother found out. I looked at myself in the mirror and looked at my belly.

"You'll be my one and only happiness." I said and I walked out from the bathroom to go to sleep. I turned off the lights and got on the bed slowly so I won't wake my mother up.

A week later, I flew to Athens. I decided to meet up with Prince Heinrich to talk about the wedding and tell him about my pregnancy. He deserves to know since he's going to be my husband if he's not mad at me for being pregnant.

I will one hundred percent be okay if he wants to break off the engagement because I'm pregnant. It's not his fault at all.

As soon as I arrived in Athens, he already prepared lunch for me. I arrived at his mansion and he greeted me with excitement. He gave me a big hug and asked me if my flight was okay. He's indeed will be a good husband, I felt bad for doing all of this.

"Heinrich, I have something to tell you." I said as I put down my fork and knife. I looked at him nervously and he drank his water.

"Tell me." He said as he turned his attention fully to me.

"I'm pregnant." I said and his eyes widen. He didn't expect to hear this news and I'm not blaming him or his reaction to this.

"Pregnant? How long?" He asked as he looked down to my belly.

"6 weeks." I answered in a nervous tone. I was shaking because I really don't know what will his decisions be.

"You know who's the father?" He asked and I nodded.

"I planned this and I don't want him to know." I said truthfully and Heinrich looked at me confuse. He clearly doesn't know about me relationship with Chance so his reaction was completely normal.

"You planned this and you don't want him to know? I don't understand."

"He doesn't want to settle down and I'm not planning to be with him either that's why I accepted your proposal." I said without any hesitation. Heinrich was still in a state of shock and that's why he was looking at his plate blankly.

"I will totally understand if you want to back out from this wedding, I'm not blaming you and besides we're getting married for the sake of politics and the public eyes right?" I said trying not to stress him and myself out.

"I don't mind marrying you, Aria, as long as the father of this kid will never know that he/she is his." I was surprised with his answer. I looked at him confuse but at the same time.. a little bit overwhelmed.

"I don't mind taking this kid to be mind and still marrying you as long as that man doesn't know that this kid is his. Once he/she is out, the kid is ours and I really don't mind giving my last name too." My jaw dropped, I never think that it would be is easy.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean.. I'm still a little bit shock and I got goosebumps all over my body but.. I see your point." He said and I bit my lower lip. Suddenly I feel bad for him for dropping this bomb. Heinrich really deserves to be with someone else who is better than me.

"So.. since you're pregnant 6 weeks already, how about we.. get married soon? or do you want to have the baby first?" He asked and I looked out the window seeing the gray clouds.

"We should get married sooner, Heinrich." I said.

"Very well, how about in a month? We can have the engagement next week and announcing it to everyone then we can get married after that." He suggested and I nodded.

"Thankyou so much, Heinrich."

"We're going to be a family, Aria. Thankyou for being honest with me." He said as he kissed the back of my hand. I continued to eat again and I'm guessing.. this is my happy ending.