Chapter 29 - Best

Chance Kyson

I turned to see Adrian walking into the room. He looked at his sister for a second before walking to me. He put a brown paper bag and I raised my eyebrows.

"Dinner." He said.

"Thanks." I said and Adrian put a black card on the table sliding it to me.

"Welcome to the new ILLICIT." He said and I looked up to him.

"Nice job on the new headquarters, never knew you will make it.. pretty identical." I said as I took the black card.

"Aria went through a lot already, can you.. not hurt her again?" Adrian asked and I nodded.

"I won't. I won't let her go again." I swore it already. I turned to the door to see Phoenix walking in with Angelo. Phoenix brought his tablet with him and showed it to me.

I raised my eyebrows seeing this new name and new face.

"Who is he?" I asked.

"We better ask Aria when she wakes up." Angelo said.

"Any details about him?" I asked.

"No, he's as hidden as Dean apparently. This is my first time seeing him and I don't have any clue who he is." Angelo answered and I put the tablet down on the table.

"What did he say to you before he kicked you out?" Adrian asked as he grabbed the tablet.

"He told me that Danielle is not the threat."

"Do you guys know how many people are there on the original ILLICIT?" Angelo asked.

"I never thought we're not the original ILLICIT." Phoenix said as I shook my head.

"We're indeed the original ILLICIT but before Dean picked us, he was actually a part of a team similar to ILLICIT. That's just my prediction, I don't know." I said.

"Okay, you guys need to take this all outside. I'll join you once Aria gets better." I said as I gestured them to go. They got up and left the room but they didn't bring the tablet away.

Who exactly is that guy? I swear, Dean needs to stop having secrets. It's killing me.

Aria Nielsen

Chance walked in with a big jug of water. He poured some to my glass and I drank it slowly. I took the tablet in front of me after putting my glass down.

"Is he the one who kidnapped you?" Chance asked.

"No, he's not. The one who kidnapped me is in his early 30s, he doesn't look intimidating and he swore he won't hurt me. He just wanted to use me as a bait and I think he's luring Dean." I said as I put down the table.

"Did you hear anything from that person?"

"No, not really. Dean was pretty calm when he entered. After he saved me, he just stayed there. I didn't see him leaving or putting up a fight."

"What is he hiding? I swear.. he really need to stop having secrets." Chance hissed.

"What are you going to do now?"

"We have to understand the puzzle first, we can't just.. get suspicious at everyone." Chance grabbed my hand holding it tightly.

"What if he get killed?" I asked and Chance shook his head.

"There's no way, I don't think they want him dead. They for sure want him alive."

Phoenix Sterling

"There's nothing we can do, all we have to do is wait." I said as I leaned back to my seat. I turned to Lana and she pouted looking at the screen.

"We should implant him an Airtag." She suggested and I laughed.

"Like a dog?"

"Yeah, like a dog." She nodded.

"I agree." I turned to Adrian as he sat on the table beside me.

"I guess.. let's see once Danielle herself touch down in Italy." I said.

Chance Kyson

Me and Aria currently sitting in the car looking at the sunset. She insisted that she wants to go out getting some fresh air. She was rubbing her baby bump and it made me chuckle.

"Can't believe we're having twins.." I said as I put my hand on her baby bump.

"Do you feel weird?"

"At first, I don't know how to feel about.. having my own kid. I just never.. experience what is like to grow up with my parents." I said truthfully and Aria smiled.

"I'm also learning, this is our first time on being a parent so.. we will learn a lot as we go."

"I would prefer twin girls." I said and Aria glared at me.

"Why? I don't mind any gender but.. I'm curious why you prefer twin girls." She asked as she grabbed a bottle of water.

"I excited to see your clone, I think that would be awesome." I said as she took a sip of her water. She closed the bottle and looked straight to the beautiful view.

"Chance, I saw you having multiple panic attacks. Is there anything I can do to help you with that?" She then turned to me and I shook my head.

"Every since I was a kid, I always have separation anxiety. It something that I'm always afraid of, people leaving me especially people that I care about. I always grew some kind of attachment to someone and it's not easy for me to believe.. people knowing that one day they will leave me."

Aria held my hand, "I'll never leave you, it's always been like that from the start. It's just.. we had to go through a lot of things." She smiled and I leaned closer to her. I kissed her slowly.

"I'm sorry about everything, I really do." I said and she shook her head.

"I understand why you did it. Especially after Dean saved me, I think he's a really good man."

"He is and he deserves to be happy the most. He sacrificed a lot of things for us and I just wish he could drop everything and let us help instead of struggle alone."

"We'll find a way for that. Don't worry, Chance."

"You're the best." I smiled.