Chapter 14 - Sorry

Chance Kyson

I was standing in front of one of the building in the headquarters and looked up to the beautiful night sky. I put my hands in my pocket. I took a really deep breath and let it out slowly.

These days, I'm trying to adjust myself. I was trying to show that I'm okay in front of everybody when I'm not. I started on jumping back to alcohol a lot and had a hard time to sleep.

Everytime, I close my eyes.. I could picture Aria and Heinrich getting married and it was like a nightmare to me.

I'm happy for her, she's settling down for good.

But why it is so hard for me to let her go? I was confused because slowly.. I'm going back to my old self. I was lost once again.

Yesterday, I admitted to her that I regreted knowing her. I do and I will regret it until the day I die. We should have not meet in the first place, she should have meet someone else. She deserves better and I think the right person who can fill that is Heinrich.

Heinrich is a very nice man. He's the Prince of Greece, he grew up with a beautiful loving family and mostly.. he doesn't have any hard time growing up. Aria deserves that and besides I bet Heinrich will give her a family.

I already swore to myself that I will never leave ILLICIT and even though I will get hurt in the end, I can move on and figure it out as the time goes by. It's not the end of the world.

At the time like this, sometimes I get nightmares again. Not nightmares about Aria and Heinrich getting married but more about my parent's death. They were brutally killed in front of my eyes and I still can't get rid of that image out of my mind.

Imagine having someone that you love or care and then that person get killed right in front of you. Now, I'm working in the industry that has a really high risk of getting killed. If I end up dying, I rather die alone. I know how it feels when the person that I care the most leaves us.

The pain was unbearable.

I've had those moments twice in my life and I've had enough. Life has been tough and hard for me, I don't need more stress in my life.

Besides, I don't want to leave Dean alone. He will have his downfall if he's alone. I'm not going to let that happen. Everything is going to be alright and I've decided to move to Paris once Aria get married.

London will only give me bad memories and I rather start fresh. Besides Paris' headquarters are much more bigger than the London one.

"Go home.. it's 2 in the morning." I turned to Dean who stood beside me and I chuckled.

"Say it to yourself." I said as I turned to him.

"You're going to Aria's wedding?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, at least I have to send her off." I said as I looked down to the ground.

"We should really cut our communications with Phoenix, Adrian and Angelo. What do you think?" He asked and I bit my botton lip.

"That's a really good idea, I mean I never contact them again after Angelo left. We should end things with Estelle too, we don't really need them anyway." I said without any hesitation. I was trying to tell myself that everything will be okay.

"How are you feeling these days? Still have insomnia?" He asked.

"I'm good, I just can't sleep sometimes. I drank sleeping pills yesterday." I said honestly and Dean patted my shoulder.

"Don't drink it too much, you should get a proper rest. How about let me take over your work for a week?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I'll take a break after Aria's wedding, then you can take over my job for a week or maybe let it pile up." I said and Dean chuckled.

"Very well." He said and then he walked back into the building. I looked up to the sky again for one last time and then walked back into my lab to work.

Aria Nielsen

I was having an emotional day. I kept crying again and again repeating what Chance's said yesterday. Leah and my mother came to cheer me up and to help me go through this pregnancy phase. I'm grateful too that Leah doesn't tell Adrian about me being pregnant or else everything will be different.

Leah is currently making me porridge because I don't feel good and I'm not eating a lot these days. My mother was very worried about my baby's health if I kept going like this.

"Aria, are you sure about this? We're two weeks away and you can still back out." My mother asked as he held my hand tightly. I nodded without looking at her.

"You're hurting yourself." She said and I shook my head.

"I'll be fine, I can learn to love Heinrich. I bet I can." I said confidently and she sighed. I looked down to my belly and the baby bump started to show these week. I don't know why comparing to last week, the baby bump began to look more obvious.

"Aria, I've been in your situation before. I was engaged to American once and I had the same thoughts as you." I turned to my mother disbelief.

"I thought you and father were.." I was speechless and she shook her head.

"Our love story was never smooth. We were bestfriends for years, I never knew that he loves me until he just couldn't stand it anymore. We both wanted our dreams and we sacrificed for each other a lot." She said and I looked down again to my belly.

"I thought I could try to love someone but it never worked. It won't be easy, Aria. I don't want you to live having that struggle."

"Mother, the doctor is here." We both turned to Leah and I nodded. We walked in and Leah was still busy cooking while the maids helped clean her mess. I walked to the living room and the doctors already arrived with a lot of medical equipment.

I laid on a small bed that my maid already prepared. They started to check on me and my baby through ultrasound.

"You can hear the heartbeat." The doctor said as she pointed at the screen. I couldn't help but smile looking at it.

"Your Highness, I think you're expecting.. a twin." My eyes widen and I turned to my mother who was already crying.

"A twin?" Leah came into the room.

"I'm so happy for you, darling." My mother said and I started to cry. I can't believe I'm having twins, I guess that explains the baby bump that starts to show more.

I'm sorry, Chance. Once again, I'm so sorry for keeping this from you but I need them to stay sane to go through my marriage life.

---

I need your help by voting and commenting my books so it can boost up my book in rankings. I already write this book until chapter 25 and will unlock a new chapter once the comments reaches 300 and 300 votes. The faster you comment and vote, the faster you will get the new chapter. I think it's pretty fair since I write all my books without making them paid stories, I just hope you can help me by voting and commenting.

Thankyou.