Chapter 5 - Sure

Chance Kyson

I opened my eyes slowly and felt my head was hurting so badly. I turned to see that I was attached to an IV. I sat up slowly and sighed when I realized that I'm in the headquarters.

"I'm glad to see that you're awake." Dean entered the room and he checked my vitals right away.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded. I looked out the window and the sun was shining brightly already.

"Aria was at your house, what did she do?" He asked in a demanding tone and I shook my head.

"She didn't do anything." I answered truthfully and Dean looked at me suspiciously. He gave me a medicine to drink and he pulled a chair to sit beside my bed.

"It's been years since you have panic attacks, Chance. Let me ask you one more time, did something happen?" He asked as he look straight at me. I shook my head.

"No." He got up from the seat and walked out from the room. I bet he's going to find out later on but I rather have him finding out later than now. I pulled the IV out from my vein and I got up from the bed pulling all the vitals check wires from my body.

This is a good opportunity to get me back on track. Aria is just someone who passed by in my life just like everyone else. I did make it clear from the start that we're only doing this for sex and nothing more. She's not a fault in this situation.

She's getting married in a month and before then.. I think I really should spend time with her more because once she settles down, we're done.

I walked out from the room and went straight to the basement taking one of the cars to go back home. I really need a rest and try to control myself.

Aria Nielsen

I got engaged officially.

Everyone was so happy for me. My father, mother and my siblings were all being so supportive because they know that Heinrich is a really good man. He is and I have no doubt in that.

Adrian was the only one who really concerned about me. He knew my relationship with Chance up close and I think he's worried about my decisions. I'm not blaming him for that but I have to go along this path.

Everyone was excited for me and Heinrich. We planned to have the wedding here in Greece and I'll be planning my wedding back and forth from London and Athens. I have go move all my stuff slowly.

"Does Chance know about this?" Adrian asked when he caught me standing alone looking at the beautiful sunset.

"He knew, I told him this morning." I said as I turned to my little brother.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked as he looked at my engagement ring. I smiled and nodded.

"Why? Why are you asking me that?"

"You and Chance have this on and off relationship for the past 4 years, it would be a lie if there's no attachment between the both of you." He's right. It's impossible for us not to have an attachment but and again.. Chance never wanted a relationship.

"You know Chance, Adrian. We all were the same, we hated love but he hates it more than we do." I said and Adrian couldn't help but agree. He knew Chance more than me.

"Have you talk to Chance about your feelings?" Adrian asked and I shook my head.

"He doesn't need to know and besides even though he knows about it, he won't be with me anyway."

"Aria, married to someone you love is one of the best thing or the best decision that I've ever made in my life-"

"I'm not as lucky as you, Adrian. Not all of us are meant to have love in our lives. This is the path that I choose so please don't make this hard for me than it already is." I said raising my voice a little bit.

"Chance was hospitalized this morning." I could feel my heart stopped for a second. I turned to my little brother and he nodded. "Chance is much more complex than you think, Aria. You can't just tell him this morning about your engagement and expect him to accepting it right away."

"Can you not make this hard for me, Adrian?" I hissed coldly.

"You're being selfish, Aria. You should have told him earlier." Adrian said in a cold tone.

"I don't know why you're defending him when he's the one who doesn't want more. I've had enough of love and falling for the wrong person again and again throughout my life. I'm giving it up, Adrian. I can't cope with it anymore." I sighed and I decided to walk away from him. He's giving me a headache and I really don't want to get stress these days.

Heinrich walked to me and he held my hands tightly. We walked around talking to our family and friends. They're congratulating us on our engagement and can't wait for the wedding to take place.

My mother kept checking on me once in a while. She knew about the pregnancy. She and Heinrich are the only person who knew about it and I'm planning to keep it that way.

After the engagement, I stayed in Athens with Heinrich for one night before going back to London. I will have a wedding dress fitting right away with some upscale wedding dress designer. I'm excited to hunt for wedding dresses.

"Are you back in London?" Chance asked as soon as I picked up his call.

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm bored, not really in the mood to work. You're at home?"

"I'm at home right now but I'm going to have a wedding dress fitting." I said and silent. He didn't respond and I even had to check if he's still on the line or not.

"Can I come?" I was shocked to hear it.

"Sure."