Where We Are Now

"Happy 5th Anniversary! I love you" Jennie said throwing her arms around her boyfriend as they share a kiss right after.

The man pulled back from her embrace as he rummages through his duffle bag. Jennie looked at him confused but looked forward to what he's doing. After all, it is their fifth anniversary together. She gasped as the sight of her man bending down on one knee and present her with the most beautiful diamond ring. "I've been thinking about doing this for quite sometime, and I'm sorry it took this long but Jennie Kim, will you marry me?"

Jennie tears up. This was the moment she's been waiting for. A chance to spent the rest of her life with someone she loves, and she always pictured a life with him from the moment they met. "Yes." She whispered softly as the man in front of her gets up from his knees to slid the ring to her finger.

His beautiful smile and his dark brown hair, teary eyes and smile laid out in front of her screaming perfect in her eyes. "Thank you." He said quietly as she saw a tear left his eyes one more time. She softly wiped them and once again pulled him to her embrace.

As if someone was orchestrating, the music changed its mood to a song both of them liked. He pulled out from her and said, "Come dance with me, darling" as they glide across the room hand in hand.

The music binds their soul in its lyrics, making them slowly swaying to the song while feeling each others' embrace. As they tightly hold each other, Jennie took a moment to remember every single detail of this day. The way his perfumed smelled and how the room was beautifully decorated with balloons and champagnes. The bouquet he gave and the beautiful sight of the Eiffel Tower laid right out of their balcony-

"대표님 (CEO)?" Jennie blinked a couple of times as she realized that she hasn't been paying attention to the presentation in front of her. She looked over to find all eyes are looking at her, waiting for an answer. 아이씨 쪽팔리다 (ah, this is embarrassing), she thought. She cleared her throat.

"I will announce my final decision later. For now, meeting is adjourned." Jennie said as she gets up from her chair. "Would you like me to brief you so you can make a faster decision, Ma'am?" Her secretary, Kim Do Yeon, offered.

Do Yeon opens her office door to reveal her mother sitting in her left side of the couch. Jennie stopped her tracks as she stare at her mother. "No, give me a full report about it. Please dismiss all of my schedule for today. I'm tired." Jennie said as Do Yeon lets a small 'Yes' to answer the young CEO. Jennie continued walking towards her chair

"Are you not going to say hi to your own mother?" Mrs.Kim called out to her daughter.

"Oh so you're paying attention to what I do now?" Jennie said as she sighed while opening one of her drawers. She grabbed her cigarette and lighter then put it in her bag. She puts her coat on while fixing her hair. "I thought you quit smoking." Her mom replied her

"And I think you're done. Now please leave before I called security on you." Jennie said coldly. Her phone dings as a text message came right in. It's a message from Rosé.

Rosie-Posie

Hey Unnie! I just landed in Seoul now. Will I be seeing you at the mansion? Call me when you get this xx

Jennie smiled. "You're not letting me rekindle our relationship, Jennie-yah." Mrs. Kim reached out to tap on Jennie's shoulder. Jennie pulled back and turns around. "Don't touch me. Our relationship means nothing ever since you took me in" Jennie said.

Her mother gives her a stern look. "I'm disappointed in you. I raised you, only to see you like this?"

Jennie banged her bag to her desk. "Don't you dare! You have no right to say that when you didn't raised me at all. You threw me away to an orphanage only to take me back for this position-"