Letting You Go

"Is this the last of them?"

"Yes, Ma'am. 수고하셨습니다 (Good work today)." Doyeon said as she takes the last paperwork already signed by Jennie

After her mini escapade with Kai, she was welcome with a bunch of paperwork waiting for her approval. It's not only paperwork, but she has to balance between video calling with Alain about her proposal and also other work related. Today, she has to finalize all of the financial reports before sending it to HQ. It's almost the end of the year, which means each CEO from different country branch has to submit a detailed report for this years' expenses and gains to HQ before they combined them together and released it for the public to see. Jennie hates approving paperwork more than anything, but she can't complain as she needs to set an example to her workers.

Jennie sigh as she stretch her arms out and close her eyes again. The clock shows 10pm, and she sigh once again. She was up earlier than ever this morning in hopes to finish approving the report faster but it's not much of a help. Suddenly a text pops up as she opens her eyes and grabs her phone. A small smile breaks out of her lips

Kai

Call me when you're done with work... I miss your voice

It didn't take her long enough to punch in Kai's contact name and calls him like he asked her to. It dialed for a bit then her lips widens revealing her gummy smile as soon as he picked up. "Hi.." Jennie said in a tiny voice.

"Hey love. Are you home already? You didn't reply to my text today, I was worried about you."

Jennie sighs. "Sorry I was cooped up with a lot of paperwork today. I thought I was going to finish right on my off time but here I am, just finished with everything."

Kai chuckled. "And here I thought I'm the only one."

Jennie knows Kai has been working non stop ever since he landed in Milan. He told her how he has to work overtime almost every single day because he was way behind schedule. He mentioned Marco had to hire extra designers to help him sew and finish each design so he can finish everything before the expected date. That didn't give him any time to relax on his job considering he's done with designing and now it's up to mainly his underlings to do the job.

As for their relationship, it was hard during the first month; because the two were never mainly on the same schedule each day. It's always for the same reason, they were too tired from work and decide to skip on their video call session. It grew worst when Jennie was on her period, because she was being extra clingy to Kai and her mood swings were going up and down like a roller coaster. Kai didn't get her at first, but after talking things out they manage to find a middle ground and compromise.

Jennie remained on the phone as she called a driver to drive her home. She hangs up on the phone as she excused herself to shower and then video called Kai back when her body hits her bed. "She sent you that? I can't believe her and I look so puffy! Look at that." Jennie huffed when she looked at the picture Kai showed her. Apparently, Jisoo had slept over at her house a couple of days ago and took a sleeping picture of her then sent it to Kai

 Apparently, Jisoo had slept over at her house a couple of days ago and took a sleeping picture of her then sent it to Kai