Phase II: The End of an Era

Have you ever feel so fed up of the drama life gives you that you decide to run? 

Why do people run? 

Although running was made to rejuvenate your body, running--metaphorically speaking--is also form of disregarding one's thought of the troubles they're experiencing. Being an expert in running is hard considering the constant training that was given and the competition to be the best out of everyone else who is also trying to be the best. 

But it's the opposite, metaphorically. In fact, it's too simple that you could barely even notice it. One, two, and three tries is all it took for you to be a professor in running. Either you're drowning yourself in too many activities that's keeping you pre-occupied to barely think about your problems, or you're way too immersed in the flip side of the world; alcohol, sex, or perhaps, drugs. 

Though Jongin decide his limit to not touch the land of marijuana, it does not make him less of an expert at running. Drowning himself in countless work-- which of course brings him all the fame, fortune, and the lavish life he's able to enjoy now-- Jongin found his first step in discovering his coping mechanism to his pain. Physically speaking, it was demanding, because he would often forget to eat at most days. The next thing he know, he'd end up at the hospital with white walls, bright lights, and Irene's concern look. Concern is an underestimation because as much as Irene wish to stop nagging Jongin about this, she knew there's nothing she can do when he was benefitting the company. 

Plus, it doesn't help when he's stubborn as hell. 

So with Irene's last straw of patience, Jongin decide to take a break and let himself think on how he should overcome his problem. He spent his time running to Los Angeles, where he finds the metro city, the palm trees, and the breeze from the ocean of Santa Monica Pier to be a detox from his fast paced life in Milan. But during his solo trip, he finds himself to be lonely. The bright lights from the pier made him feel small, and as much as he finds it entertaining, there was no one to share with during that moment. 

It wasn't until he sat alone at a small bar near the pier that someone decide to slide right beside him. Jongin had no interest in talking with this stranger, but he couldn't help and notice she was glancing at him every now and then. Slowly but surely, it irritates him and it gave him the courage to speak. 

"Something on my face?" Jongin said in English. 

He could sense the girl was slightly startled by his voice. But as he finally made eye contact with her, he could only find a smile. "You look familiar. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable but I was trying to remember where I first saw you." 

Jongin slightly snicker at the response from the girl. Classic, he thought to himself. "I'm not interested, honey." 

Now it's time for the girl to scoff back. "Oh fuck it, let's just shoot our shot. Look, I wasn't thinking of hitting on you but you're the first guy I saw that is close to the typical guys I'm attracted to."