After Hours

KIM JONGIN

KIM JONGIN

I'm exhausted. 

After my sudden schedule and the after party filled with people whom I don't see benefiting to me, I'm finally home. I made my way to the shower room, sighing as I felt the warm water streams down my body, helping me to release the fatigue feeling. 

I'd have to say Irene is the best at booking hotels because my room is a president suite fully glassed, letting me see the amazing view Seoul has to offer. I've taken the liberty to change its direction and made it faced the window. As I sat myself down to take in the lights glistening in the darkest night, I pour myself whiskey and savor it slowly. 

The night was pristine and quiet, but despite it being serene, it is the prime time where my mind decides to remind me of her. 

I miss her.

God I would kill to see her once again. 

In the midst of my gaze staring into the sparkling lights, I let myself be reminded of my greatest loss. I let go of my grudge against her betrayal and let my desire, reminiscing the beautiful moments I spent with her, minus the pain. It made me  wonder if I should swallow my pride and tell her that I'm willing to let the past go-- our wicked past, and tie the knot with her. But as I am made to think, my demons erased my feelings quickly and brought my guards up once again. 

I pour myself another glass of whiskey and scrolled through my phone to see the latest news. I've been so detached with social media for the past two years, mainly it's because I always had Irene to fill me in with the latest updates, so I don't really see a point where I have to be active. Another reason was because I was restraining myself to search for her name, because my pride wouldn't let me-- it kept chanting she betrayed you whenever the thought crossed my mind. 

But call it liquor courage, because my pride was gone and I did not hesitate to type her name to the search engine. 

The sight sparks a mix of anger and sadness in me. 

It wasn't because I was jealous of how her influence contributes significantly to Chanel's profit-- I knew her talents better than anyone else-- but it was at a particular article I came across. 

Spotted: Famous Model, Kim Taehyung Caught Kissing CEO of Chanel Korea, Jennie Kim.  

I scoff as I knew this would happen eventually. 

Jennie may never seen him more than friends, but I know women and their greatest weakness. They're prone to give in easily because they're a slave to their own emotions. Jennie might have declined him numerous of time, but seeing Taehyung's effort is enough to make her fall for him. If it was me who was taking charge during the time we're dating, I would made sure to shield her away from Taehyung completely. I know a predator when I see one, and all men are the same-- not knowing when to stop even when there's an exclusivity from the label that was created.