A Broken Promise

JENNIE

JENNIE

In a midst of my deep slumber, my conscious decides to choose the most traumatic memory I wish to never relive in my twenty eight years of living.

The night I got that terrifying phone call. 

I remember it all so vividly.

It was a long month for me. Dreading as work already is, I had to juggle between finishing my work over time while setting sometime for my boyfriend.

Speaking of work, did I mention I have a mom? To top it all, she gave me a huge responsibility to be the CEO of her multi-billion company. 

And I hate her.

I can't believe she ripped me off from modeling and decides to show up in the middle of nowhere and claim, 'Hey Jennie, you're my daughter and you'll be training as a CEO for Chanel Korea'. Honestly, the house brand is tempting and it would be an understatement for me to say no to Chanel, one of the top brands I wish to work with--

But a CEO? And the fact that I have a mom who owns a branch in Korea is insane.

The amount of work given to me by my supervisor is increasing by the minutes, hence why I'm stuck working overtime every day to finish the work. I can't complain, because my supervisor thinks I'm some spoiled rich brat who can work her way up in a second because her mother owns the company. And it was also because I negotiate with my mom, begging on my knees to let me mainly work from Paris instead of Korea. 

The reason is because I can't imagine myself being in a long distance relationship with Jongin. I can already see myself heavily pre-occupied with learning so many things and not entirely sure how I'm going to juggle going back and forth to Paris to visit if I have to work in Korea. She hesitated at first but after a few tries, she finally gives in. 

There's only one condition she ask from me. 

I have to dedicate all my time and focus to the company. 

Scratch that, it's actually two. 

She also wants me to quit modelling. 

She wasn't exactly fond of me modelling because I'm in collateral damage if a wardrobe malfunction happened while I was walking in the runaway. She kept on emphasizing on the fact that this job required me to pose and attract people to somehow buy the clothes I'm advertising, but in a bad way. 

In other words, she thinks I'm a slut wrapped in endorsement clothes. 

It's funny how I find her statement inconsistent with the company she have, but who am I to tell that to her when she has practically supported me when I was in the orphanage? 

Not only did she slut shame her own daughter without her knowing, but she threaten me to discontinue my financial lifeline if I don't agree.  Why do I feel like I'm not her biological daughter?