The Aftermath

A month had passed since the Paris Fashion week and Jennie still couldn't believe the amount of recognition she got just by walking on this years' event. Ever since finishing it, Jennie had been nothing but happy. She was happy with her life and felt proud she has made it this far. But not to mention a sudden appearance of Kai brought her anything but joy. 

They have been texting each other every day ever since their first encounter, and Kai had been asking Jennie out most of the times. Since the two of them works in the same industry, their schedules are mostly free ever since finishing fashion week. Surely there are a couple of photoshoot gigs here and there, but they always made time for each other to grab a quick coffee. Kai visited Jennie most of the time during her shoot and she found it very cute of him by doing so. 

Jennie was out with her girlfriends, and just went home after a long day out. She finally hit the shower and just when she's done, a message pops up from her phone. She smiled thinking it might've been Kai, but turns out it was Tae Hyung. 

Kim Tae Hyung 

Jen, come out for a second. Meet me at the playground in 5 minutes 

Jennie frowns her eyes as she finds the text odd. Tae Hyung never asked to meet her this late, and by late she meant 3 am late. Is he drunk? Jennie thought over to herself. But then again, Tae Hyung's never the drunk-text type. She puts on her comfy hoodie and her bike shorts and went down from her place to the playground besides her apartment. 

She found Tae Hyung sitting in one of the swings and finally notices Jennie when he heard foot steps. "What the fuck, Tae? Why are you calling me out at 3am?" Jennie said 

Tae Hyung shrugs. "Sit." He said shortly as Jennie complied 

There was a good one minute silence. The mood is awkward, and surprisingly the weather was chilly enough for Jennie. "Tae, if this is not important-" 

"I like you..." Tae Hyung said slowly 

Jennie laughs at what he just said. "Um..are you in that romance movie phase, where the girl died and the guy regret not saying the things he wanted to say to her? Because you did something like this before and I thought you were being real-"

"It's not a phase, and I'm being serious. I like you, Jennie. More than just friends." Tae Hyung said finally looking at Jennie in the eyes 

Jennie knew that eyes. That's the eyes he would only put when he's being serious, and Jennie was slow to notice the difference in his voice as well. Jennie looked away and the air was awkward as silence filled the atmosphere. She doesn't know how to react to the sudden confession. She always considered Tae Hyung as nothing but her best friend, or even like her own sibling. "I don't..." Jennie's trying to finish her words but nothing came out of her mouth after those two because she was just lost for it. 

Tae Hyung sighs. "I know this is all of a sudden, and I've been thinking about it for quiet sometime to make sure. But my feelings for you is real, Jennie." Tae Hyung said 

Tae Hyung didn't know when it started but he always find Jennie beautiful ever since the first day he met her. It wasn't until recently all of his thoughts were filled by her. Tae Hyung blamed himself for introducing Kai to her. He liked Jennie first before Kai revealed his interest in the girl, and he couldn't help but felt jealous. "I'm sorry Tae but I always think of you as my best friend, if not my own brother-" 

"I know. But if you give me a chance and give this new chapter for us a chance, I swear you won't regret your decision." Tae Hyung practically begs Jennie to say yes and left Kai no chance to succeed in courting her. He knew what her answer's going to be and he risked their friendship on the line, but he can't deny his feelings towards her anymore.