Get You

TAEHYUNG 

TAEHYUNG 

Another look to my watch and continuous tapping on my foot.

I am nervous-- beyond nervous. 

Tonight is the night where we celebrate our anniversary, the day we commit to one another, stepping out of our comfort zone to the next level. This year has marked two years of love between the two of us, and again, the thought of reaching this milestone with Jennie still blows my mind till this day. 

I recall the first time I confessed to her years ago. Her unreadable expression mixed with a hint of horror was seen through her face, not knowing what or how she should decline without having me turn my back away from her. I knew it was a dumb move of mine, but knowing that I have a competitor who probably won her heart first, made me frantic and boldly confess. I had predicted her answer, and I was right. 

I thought I could have a chance when I learn she and Kai have ended their relationship, but no matter how much I tried, she always declines. My self esteem had never been lower because she rejected me not once, but more. It should've been enough for me to move on from her, but my heart couldn't accept it and grew furious at the sight of her and Kai rekindling their relationship. 

I let my heart controls me without knowing how badly I've hurt the person I swore to never hurt. So when she decides to sever our friendship, I was devastated. I could never understand her view when she brought the decision for us, but soon ponders on her life and betting it's smooth sailing with me gone. I had to thank her, for snapping me back to reality on the jerk I've become and with the time and space she had given me, I made another vow to change for my better self.

I was ecstatic when she saw how genuine I was wanting our friendship back despite the tantrums I've given. But just when it was going the way I wanted our life to be, an unexpected turn of events had brought us together to a life I envisioned us to have. Though pain was never part of the plan, but it seems like it was necessary to finally unite us as one. 

I had everything planned out for the entire night. I rented out a beautiful spot on the outskirts of Seoul. Jennie has been complaining on how the city was suffocating for her because she spent her day to day life being stuck in four walls and papers to her face, and apparently, the city reminds her too much of it. So I thought of something special by renting out a space just the two of us to do our candle light dinner while I hire a private chef to cook us for the night. 

I had both of my hands on the pocket of my trousers, one of them toying with a small box I had kept tight to me ever since the day I took my flight back home. I manage to wait right in front of the entrance so I can escort her my own, and my breath quivers when I saw her car finally pulls up and stops right in front of me.

I was not lying when I said Jennie's the most beautiful woman you'll probably laid your eyes on, and there she is right in front of me, reminding me in every way of how grateful I should be because she chose me.